仓鼠 Tsang Shu

I picked several Dandelions from Widow Bowman's yard and placed them in Tsang Shu's cage. We shall see what she does.

Because my night vision camera is directly above the cage, I could not tell when Tsang Shu was running. I used a sharpie and placed a mark on the outside of the wheel. Now I can determine if she is running and in what direction.

I could hypothetically count the revolutions (R) of her wheel, take the diameter (d), divide by 2 (r) to get the radius. Multiply (r) time 3.1416 and multiply by 2 equals the circumference (C). Multiply the revolutions times the circumference to get the distance traveled (D)

(2(d➗2) п ) R equals D

Have you seen this wheel pedometer? :)

I noticed that my hamster had put paper bedding inside the Tube. I was imagining how I might go about removing the bedding from the Tube.

Then suddenly, at 4:32pm, Tsang Shu peeked out from the upper end of the Tube. Had she slept in the Tube?

IMG_5953.jpeg
Here she is foraging in the black tray underneath a popsicle stick structure which held a juicy piece of carrot.

There is paper bedding pouring out of the bottom of the Tube, into the sand. I think she may be sleeping inside the Tube.

She could well be sleeping in the tube, they often fill tubes with substrate but you don’t need to do anything with it, just let her do her own thing!

IMG_6045.jpeg
Here she has piled paper bedding in front of the small vase. I have seen here go around collecting sunflower seeds and then running in there. I surmise that the vase is her storeroom for food stuffs.

They like to block intruders out! And they love shifting bedding around. It's amazing how industrious they can be. On a practical level as well they sense when the air is getting cooler and like to insulate themselves in things too.

I noticed that my hamster had put paper bedding inside the Tube. I was imagining how I might go about removing the bedding from the Tube.

Then suddenly, at 4:32pm, Tsang Shu peeked out from the upper end of the Tube. Had she slept in the Tube?
Pete does that too sounds like something they often do

IMG_6796.jpeg
Here is her cage after I have fed her.

She has never nibbled any of the sprays.

She has filled the tunnel full of paper bedding.

Note, just to the right, she climbs through a small tube under the cardboard hideout. That leads to a complicated tunnel underneath everything.

Back