A week in the life of Sprite

RainbowBrite

Hamster Guardian
Founder Member
Reaction score
Sprite is six months old. We adopted him from a rescue on 15 July. He is very friendly and food motivated. I make him little boredom breakers. I put a mealworm in a piece of tissue and twisted the tissue to make it harder to access. I offered it to Sprite who did not seem to realise there was a mealworm in there. In the first video you will see he ignores it. I then tore a hole to make the mealworm easier to access and Sprite happily found it and then he came to me to ask for more.

Lovely to see a week in the life of Sprite! Not sure what he was trying to tell you in the second video when he run to the camera. Maybe he wants to negotiate a better deal for playing the lead part.

I'm looking forward to this! He wasn't interested at all in the first video :-) Maybe he had other things to explore first. But then came back for more!

Day 2.

It has been hot and humid here so Sprite has been sleeping out rather then in his bedding. His favourite thing is a cardboard tube with the bottom removed. He had various hides on his MCH platform but he kept tying to climb them to climb out of his cage so I switched it for a cardboard one. He absolutely loves it. He spends most of his time there and will pop in and out his MCH hole. I find the first video funny because he choses a more difficult route to get to one side of his MCH.

Day 2.

When I wake up I put the radio on. Sprite was up and as soon as he heard the radio he became very excited and started jumping up and down. I did not even have time to do anything and quickly picked him up. My partner made him a boredom breaker ball yesterday that had a mealworm and peaflake so I put Sprites blanket on my bed and put him and the boredom breaker on it.
20230819_091311.jpg

Sprite must have been waiting for you to get up, it’s lovely to be greeted by an excited hamster in the morning & he looks very pleased with his boredom breaker.
He’s so sweet, like a little jack in the box popping in & out of his house & cardboard hide!

I was just going to say the same - he's like a little jack in a box! He clearly loves his home. I had visions of Sprite jumping up and down in time to the music, when you said you had the radio on :) Waving his arms about lol! He looks very sweet sitting on that blanket.

I was just going to say the same - he's like a little jack in a box! He clearly loves his home. I had visions of Sprite jumping up and down in time to the music, when you said you had the radio on :) Waving his arms about lol! He looks very sweet sitting on that blanket.
I listen to LBC which is only talking not music. :)

I'm sure it was just he was excited to see you :-) I was joking about the dancing :) I am sure Sprite has learned something from the radio as well though!

Back