A week in the life of Sprite

He is lovely to watch! I really like the way he's looking up at you on the first photo :-) He is very clever and energetic with the treat parcel! 7 minutes is impressive :)

Day 5.

Sprite looks so cute when he runs in his wheel. I thought I would share a video. He always has plenty of rests in between running.

This made me laugh. Sprite is so curious about anything that it will prevent him from doing things. Here he is trying to clean himself but he is too distracted by background noise.

Sprite likes to spend time on our bed every morning. He prefers this to his playpen which he no longer wants to use. I put his blanket and snuggle sack out. Here he is peeking out of his snuggle sack.
20230821_092024.jpg

Day 5.
I have had some things for Sprite in the freezer for one week and just took them out. A mat, forage and flowers. Sprite loves this forage but I have not tried their flowers before. The mat was for his playpen but he does not want to use his playpen at the moment. All items were from The Hay Experts.
20230822_094819.jpg

Sprite looks so cute peeping out of his Snugglesack :-) It's lovely he's progressed from playpen to bed and you can handle him now.

Sprite is such a curious little ham, he’s really funny when he keeps stopping to look up & see what’s going on!
He looks so cute peeking out there too.
The forage will be nice for him too, I’m sure he’ll enjoy that.

Hello Sprite, did you get a wet bum? 🤣

I love the way Sprite turned round to check out his bum and then looked at the camera a few times to see if you was filming.

Sprite: please don't post that clip on the forum mum.

Day 6

Sprite's Guide To Getting What You Want

Hello fellow hamsters. Do your humans fail to understand your needs? Do you find humans are simply to silly to know what you want? Then, this is the guide for you! I will give you some helpful tips to help you get what you want from your humans.

1. Do you want a treat? Do not bother just looking at the human and trying to ask telepathically. Humans do not have the brains to realise what you are asking. You need to learn how to pull at their heartstrings. Humans feel guilt quite easily and this is your super power. Simply stand up and look sad (with your paws close together if possible). Humans will find this irresistible. You will soon be given a tasty treat.

I found this pose works very well.
I found this pose works very well.

2. Do you want to come out of your cage? Again, make the human feel guilt. Scratch at the glass or bars and look frantic as though you must get out right away. The human will see this and feel sorry you live in a cage, while they are free to free-roam as much as they like.

Here I am acting like I am desperate to come out.
Sprite standing.jpg

3. Do you want your human to go to bed? Now this one is a little more challenging. They may be so focused on themselves and not realise you need some me-time. First you need to establish a routine to train the humans into going to bed at the time you want your me time. Say you wish this to be at 10PM. Make some little noises at this time every night. Come out and sit on your wheel but do not run in it. (I know this temptation will be difficult but you must be patient). Eventually the humans will feel guilty and realise you want to be alone and they will start going to bed so you can enjoy your me-time.

Looking sad but disapproving is a winner.
1692784215162.png

For more helpful tips and advice please subscribe by email at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert: thank you Sprite. I've already got the cute and sad look working for me 🐹 It works on my mum all the time. The hubby has been harder work but I'm getting there. The son has a heart of stone it's not even worth my energy. I'll start trying the other advice from today.

Back