Animaltastic Hertfordshire (Pet shop)

swampystorm

Reaction score
I bought my latest hamster, pumpkin, a Winter White from Animaltastic in Hemel Hempstead. I have to say they were brilliant.

Their hamsters are bread by the owners of the store. They assured me that they are not hybrids and were very knowledgeable about them! They even asked for a picture of my setup before I took him home. They also handle their hamsters daily to ensure that they are partly tame by the time they are sold.

I haven’t had a Winter White before, but I was really keen to get one. I have 2 Syrians from pets at home who are both very shy. What a difference in pumpkin, still shy but after only 36 hours is happy to come and sniff us next to the cage and come out when he hears us talking.

I’m not sure if it’s the combination of the different breed or the way they were bred/reared by the owners of the shop, but absolutely delighted with him.

Unfortunately they do sell cages that are far too small still and hamster balls, but they also stock a great range of Trixie products that most UK stores don’t.

I’d highly recommend taking a look! They have 3 stores in Hertfordshire.

Winter whites are known to be friendly :-)

Back