Bar Spacing

Hammie

Reaction score
Will a Syrian hamster be able to squeeze through 0.9 in. bar spacing?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Do you have a guinea pig cage going by the 0.9in bar spacing? If so, you could mesh it to make it safe for a Syrian hamster.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Do you have a guinea pig cage going by the 0.9in bar spacing? If so, you could mesh it to make it safe for a Syrian hamster.
I found a guinea pig cage with an attached play pen that they can access from the cage via a ramp and thought that it would be nice when the hamster is awake and I am awake that I could open up the door of the cage set up the ramp for them to have free range time. Now that I know that the 0.9 spacing is not safe I will mesh it.

Hello and welcome :-) Which country are you in? I'm guessing US? As things are done in inches rather than cm's in the US.

It is the Full Checks brand that I was looking at.

I looked into the Pawhut brand and found the wired Pawhut habitat with courtyard that is like the Full Cheeks brand but it has 1 inch spacing. There was a hamster review that said that it works great with the added meshing.

I think that I will go with the Pawhut brand since there was a good hamster review after meshing it.

I had a look at the cage you linked. Will you put up panels or cardboard in order to be able to have deep bedding?

Just to let you know, you may be able to find a second hand 75 gallon tank which will mean less work for you. :)

I plan on using 1/8th inch hardware cloth and think that should hold it in all in the cage.

Back