Cage changes.

thespiffingbrit

Reaction score
Following the advice give I have changed ham solos cage. There is a nite angel 6 room hide in the back left. Any more ideas will be appreciated. Thanks in advance ☺️

20240915_174345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great! I'm sure Ham Solo will be much happier with more things to and a house to nest in and burrow under :-) It looks much better for him. And I can see him in the photo :-) Has he moved into the house yet? It's best not to take the roof off for a couple of weeks as it freaks them out and then they can abandon the house, but it's ok once he's settled into it after a while. Not too often though.

:-) A couple of precations. It's best not to put anything heavy on the house roof as the roof's are quite easy for them to push up with the Niteangel houses. There has been the occasional (very rare) incident of the hamster pushing the roof up and it falling on them as they climbed out - which is only really an issue if there's something heavy on top of the roof. But it looks like you don't have anything heavy on the roof.

Also the couple of things tied up with chains - I would swap the chains for sisal string as hamsters can get a foot caught in chains and end up hanging by a broken leg. One way of getting sisal or seagrass string is to get this trio of balls. I use the seagrass one and unravel it for safe string to tie things up with. You can't use normal cotton string as that could cause a blockage if chewed. The hyacinth ball is nice to have in the cage as well and you can stick pumpkin seeds under the folds and the hamster has great fun getting them out. The wicker one I don't use in the cage as it can have the odd sharp spiky bit, but I used those in the playpen.

Trio of balls

He'll love those tunnels :-)

I was thinking of taking the green platform out so I can spread the tubes and toys out as it seems a little cramped. After your advice I have taken the two things out that were hanging with chains.

Reactions: Maz
Back