Creative imaging and image manipulation

Me too - it has it's limitations though. I love my 45mm lens (90mm). Some of the lenses are incredibly sharp. In film days I had a contax G1 camera with small lenses. The Olympus is my replacement (and better in many ways)

I really haven't used mine enough. Had it for four and a half years (although it's been a hectic few years!) and looking back I have mainly done photos of hamsters, snapshots etc and nothing particularly outstanding photographic wise. Although I do quite like this one and think good lenses make a difference. Original looked better.

P5300500 resized 800.jpg

Me too - it has it's limitations though. I love my 45mm lens (90mm). Some of the lenses are incredibly sharp. In film days I had a contax G1 camera with small lenses. The Olympus is my replacement (and better in many ways)
The 45mm f1.8 lens is a beauty I also have the Sigma Art 19mm f2.8 and the stock 14-42 and 40-150 for the Olympus.

Reactions: Maz
I just had the three lenses (as well as the stock zoom one). 15mm Panasonic Leica (which I like a lot and use the most probably), 20mm panasonic, 45mm Olympus. And then wanted a longer lens. Went for the 75-300mm Olympus - which I semi regret. I could have put the money towards something better. Even with a tripod I'm not that happy with it. That was the one I used for the Starling. But then I maybe need to learn technique with longer zooms.

Your photo of the Nuthatch shows you can't beat full frame though! I did a lot of photography many years ago - before digital cameras - or around the time they first came out. I had two full systems and ended up selling them all and having a break. It wasn't till four and a half years ago I finally got a "proper" digital camera. I had a Canon EOS mainly but wanted to go back to basics and a full manual camera, so began using a Contax S2 - which I loved. I could change a roll of film in seconds :) . I am a bit lazy with the digital cameras ha ha. And forget to look at settings sometimes. I still have the Contax S2 but the shutter is broken. I did look at getting it repaired but it was going to cost more than the camera is worth!

Last edited:
Your photo of the Nuthatch shows you can't beat full frame though! I did a lot of photography many years ago - before digital cameras - or around the time they first came out. I had two full systems and ended up selling them all and having a break. It wasn't till four and a half years ago I finally got a "proper" digital camera. I had a Canon EOS mainly but wanted to go back to basics and a full manual camera, so began using a Contax S2 - which I loved. I could change a roll of film in seconds :) . I am a bit lazy with the digital cameras ha ha. And forget to look at settings sometimes. I still have the Contax S2 but the shutter is broken. I did look at getting it repaired but it was going to cost more than the camera is worth!

Maz,
My Canon gear is not FF it's APS-C so it has a 1.6x crop factor, I have recently had the mirrorless R7 which is amazing and can shoot at 30fps..! Add a silent shutter and you shoot way more than you intend to 2300 on the R7 and 650 on the 90D at an end of season airshow... That means a lot of editing.

I have heard a lot about the R7! Airshows are great photography venues!

That is great! It looks so close and detailed. I used to love air shows. Haven’t been to one for years.

Unless you were in an aeroplane in formation next to it? Were you?!

Must have been a very long lens and hard to get that picture! Very clever.

The full size must look even more amazing :)

So would that be the equivalent of about 500 to 600mm lens in full frame?

So would that be the equivalent of about 500 to 600mm lens in full frame?
Maz, with out the extender it is the equivalent of 560 mm with the 1.4 extender it works out as approx 890 mm if full frame. I don't use the extender that often as I find it makes the image slightly soft at times.

Getting something moving, at that distance, and still sharp, is a mean feat!

Back