Deep coco coir?

Emx93

Hamster Legend
Reaction score
Teddy is a little bit obsessed with his coco coir but always seems disappointed there isn't more of it (I just use a Sandbath filled with coir). Has anyone ever created a deep coir digging area? How would I go about it? I think its something Ted would really enjoy but I have no idea where to start!

(Sorry for all the posts I didn't want to hog the 120 thread with setup qns)

Reactions: Maz
You could use a bigger dig box or a small fish tank. Perhaps a 5 litre one.

You could use a bigger dig box or a small fish tank. Perhaps a 5 litre one.
Do you mean something like one of these? The dig box is rather expensive but it will probably look better than the plastic tank 🙈 it's 30cm wide though so will take up a lot of room 😱 it's a shame they don't do a 20cm one that's 30cm tall! 😅Screenshot_20240117_202915_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240117_202732_Chrome.jpg

I like the round Getzoo sand baths too. There are also people on Etsy that make dig boxes to your measurements.

Ooohh I recon my oh could probably make one of these- ex tradie built an 8ft piggy cage and 8ft tortoise table easy enough 😂 will need to find safe wood though! It may work out cheaper to order from etsy 🤣
Thats great! Then you just need to stick dowels on. With the glass tank I was thinking that could sit on the floor of the cage.😊

Thats great! Then you just need to stick dowels on. With the glass tank I was thinking that could sit on the floor of the cage.😊
Glass tank on the floor does sound fab! He tries to burrow in it and theres just not enough room in a sand bath (it's a decent sized sand bath just isn't deep) so he gets frustrated bless him 🥰

Ooohhh I do like that idea! I may try to diy one out of cardboard and then upgrade if he likes it, if that will work 🤣 he's a chewer so I'll probably end up with coir everywhere 🤣
Cardboard one sounds good to me!

Cardboard one sounds good to me!
I think that will be the quickest and most in budget option definitely 🥰 I can always upgrade once I find a size and design he's happy with 🤣 I have piles of cardboard still from Xmas so should be easy enough to make one!

Back