Eco nest bedding

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
It's such a shame that Finacard has closed down now. I had a bag of it I've had for years and would mix the odd bit into Fitch now and then. I'm thinking of ordering this instead - Eco Nest. It looks similar. Dust extracted cardboard bedding. It wouldn't be much use on it's own but I'm thinking of mixing it with Fitch for Tino's new cage set up, for some variety, so it's not just all Fitch. It comes in different sized bags from a smallish 1.5kg up to 9.6kg. 9.6 kg would be quite a big bale so I think I'll go for the 3.2kg.

If anyone else has tried it, let me know - but it's a fairly new one and me and came up when I was googling Finacard alternatives.

The finacard was fairly soft cardboard. Hopefully this will be as well. It's not an ideal substrate on it's own but the finacard used to work well mixed in with something else - for variety of texture etc.

Thinking about it, Blossom does like shredded cardboard in her dig box 🌸

• Love
Reactions: Maz
Well this bedding would be no fun for her then if it's already shredded :ROFLMAO: She might prefer pieces she can shred herself! Nice that she likes it in her dig box though. Finacard was a bit like that - bigger pieces. This brand does look quite shredded.

I bought some Millamore
I put it under Fitch and it's quite nice and clean. It's made of birch. I'm not sure if birch can be an allergenic bedding. Apparently people allergic to Hazel nuts might react to it.
I got a large bag of recycled cardboard pellets from P@H for £10 which is the same as Back to Nature but in a more convenient size. I'll post the brand. They need a softer bedding over them though.

I bought some Millamore
I put it under Fitch and it's quite nice and clean. It's made of birch. I'm not sure if birch can be an allergenic bedding. Apparently people allergic to Hazel nuts might react to it.
I got a large bag of recycled cardboard pellets from P@H for £10 which is the same as Back to Nature but in a more convenient size. I'll post the brand. They need a softer bedding over them though.
That looks good. I did think about mixing some safe shavings with paper but decided to stick to paper and cardboard :-)

The cardboard bedding I bought is called Pets at Home Recycled Paper Non Clumping Cat Litter. It costs about £10 for 20 litres. The website URL is difficult to cut and paste unfortunately.

Thank you. You need to be a bit careful with non clumping cat litter with hamsters - and check it's just cardboard. But it sounds like it from what you've said.

Eco nest bedding is ok. I have tried it previously in the guinea pigs hay trays as I use pillowwad hay for the piggies. If I remember it's not quite as hard as finacard.

Reactions: Maz
That sounds good! Thank you.

Back