Giant Savic Plaza due 2023

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
So after seeing Savic had a 120cm Savic Plaza listed on their web page, I emailed them and asked when would it be available for sale in the Uk. I had a reply back yesterday saying the cage had only just been released and would be available in 2023 and to enquire with Pets at Home in a few months time.

So looks like Pets at Home will be stocking it when it's available and it must be the biggest barred hamster cage there is!

It looks just like the current Savic Plaza except:

1. It has two large doors (one on the front as before, and one on top)
  2. It is much bigger at 118cm x 64cm deep x 52cm tall)
  3. The base is made from 100% recycled plastic (not sure if that's a new thing or not)
  4. It has 9.5mm bar spacing (same as current Plaza)
It looks really good and I want one. It is really quite tall at 52cm - the current Plaza is tall at 50cm. So reckon it will need panels round the edge for deep bedding - or even a full level.

Savic Hamster Plaza 120cm.jpg

Ha ha. It could be tricky to fit in but not impossible. A top door is just what the Plaza needs.

It does look amazing & it’s great that a big cage like that will be in the big chain store too.
I want one but I might have to move to a bigger house 😆

I remember you buying a 120cm cage before! They are pretty big aren't they! I reckon it will fit where my 100cm Savic is - the extra depth means it will protrude a lot more but that should be manageable. The living room already looks like a pet shop in one corner! Main concern is - I wonder what on earth price it will be! I hope they price it sensibly. The 100cm is about £80 now (varies). £150 maybe? If it's £150 it would not be cheap but a lot better value than most other large cages (which can be over £200). It's not far off the size of the large eco habitat.

I had been seriously considering upgrading Raffy to the Ferplast Criceti 100 - he is the only hamster I've had for whom 100cm doesn't seem quite enough. But - it's very expensive and not that big an upgrade. Hence this one looks great. Except by the time it's available he will be getting older.

I remember sitting inside the 120cm cage just to see how big it was 😆 I seem to remember they sent that by mistake & it went back so I got the 100cm cage I wanted, I really don’t have room for anything bigger, my whole living room ls full of cages even if most of them are empty at the moment.
Thinking of my hams in a 100cm it doesn’t seem that big for a Syrian so I can imagine one wanting more space.
Fingers crossed on both the price & speedy release & hopefully you’ll be able to get one.

Back