Hamster Birthday cake

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
I have seen much better hamster birthday cakes, but this is the one I made! It looked nice - I don't think it was tasty enough without sugar but the filling got eaten! It was an attempt to make one with no sugar and no raising agent (so suitable for dwarf hamsters as well as Syrians). This was a short period when I was making an effort with videos :)

That looks amazing! I bet Charlie enjoyed his birthday cake.

Reactions: Maz
It was a bit tasteless! He just kind of licked the filling. It could maybe do with some more flavour adding. Extra carrot maybe.

I am going to try to make a tiny Birthday cake for when Orko turns one. I have not found a suitable recipe yet.

That is a great idea! I would need to do such a tiny version.

Rodney had a slice and the other five hamsters had a slice but the rest of the mixture i made into a flapjack my partner scoffed in no time.

View attachment 715
Aww how lovely. Would this be okay if a hamster hid it in their burrows? I worry about it going mouldy.

I used to do the birthday cake out of the cage for that reason :) . If not maybe just check the burrow a day or two later. Robos tend to just eat a tiny bit and leave the rest, then you can remove it.

I used to do the birthday cake out of the cage for that reason :) . If not maybe just check the burrow a day or two later. Robos tend to just eat a tiny bit and leave the rest, then you can remove it.
Thank you. Best not then as I have no idea were his burrows are and would not want to disturb him. :)

How lovely that you made such an effort for Charlie's birthday.

Some great ideas on here.

• Love
Reactions: Maz
Back