Hamster Christmas items

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
A few ideas for hamster Christmas presents (either for the hamster or yourself!)

Rosewood hanging edible Christmas tree. These have always been popular with our hamsters

Rosewood edible tree.jpg

Hamster Christmas tree bauble

Hamster bauble.jpg

Rosewood woven star trio

Woven star trio.jpg

Pet Christmas stocking (this seems a bit of an extravagance - we use a Christmas sock as a hamster stocking!)

Pet Christmas stocking.jpg

Rosewood Christmas treats (I bet the coconut ones are popular)

Rosewood Christmas treats.jpg

Hamster Wall sign

Hamster sign.jpg

Hamster ceramic cactus hide (big enough for Syrians). I really like this! (But don't really need it)

Cactus hide.jpg

Cactus bowls to match

Cactus bowls.jpg

Hamster salt and pepper pots

Hamster egg cup

Hamster jug

Tip: check shops like Aldi, b&m and home bargains (wild bird section). They sometimes sell fabulous ceramic items in the shape of cacti, beehives, mushrooms, teapots etc at a fraction of the price.

Also, run your finger over the interior and check for any sharp edges left by the glaze. They are easy to smooth down with sandpaper or a nail file.

I wish I could find robo themed things for myself. They are hard to find and do not really look like robos.

• Sad
Reactions: Maz
Sorry to hear that Rainbow - no I haven't seen any Robo themed things either. "Hamsters" on mugs or ceramics all seem to be of Syrians.

Beryl great idea! I think Pets at Home do some hamster Christmas bits as well. I think I will be getting those Rosewood bonbons!

I forgot to add these! They are great. I have three. The hamsters had one each then I got a Christmas one as a hamster Christmas present one year. Fuzzbutts snooze cubes. The lady that makes them mainly makes hammocks and items for rats but there are a few things for hamsters as well under the "Homer" section. They are very well made - with thick fleece and well stitched - so they don't fall apart and are sturdy and safer than most commercial ones I think. Not really for in the cage, in case they get chewed but they are great for an out of cage hide, or for transporting a hamster from cage to playpen - hamsters really like them IME! There is a little secret door in the back seam though (second exit) so if transporting them you need to hold that closed. They still need some supervision as occasionally a hamster will attempt to chew inside if they're trying to dig in it!

I use this as out of cage things and also as a house in a pet carrier if going to the vets. It means the hamster has a familiar snuggly thing to sit in and can be lifted in and out of the pet carrier in it so it's less stressful for them. I snip the tabs and rings off though.

It was the only way I could get our first robo in and out of the cage when he was older - he would just walk into it (they're nice and dark and cosy inside!). Good size for Syrians, dwarf hamsters and robos!

Here are a few snooze cube photos!

IMG_0287.jpg

P9090996.jpg

P7140984.jpg

P7071281 resized 500.jpg

PB201334 resized 500.jpg

P5312571 resized 600.jpg

Last edited:
I don't seem to have a photo of a hamster in the hearts one (the one shown on the link) - that one is the softest - unfortunately its a bit pink and red now iinstead of white and red as I got it in the wrong wash and the red colour ran a bit.

I notice Hopes Healthy Treats have some festive coloured paper bedding as well :)

Works out a bit expenstive for only 900g but I guess it's just to sprinkle on top. I wouldn't bother myself - hamsters can't see red - they can see green a bit I believe :) . But it's a way of making a hamster cage look a bit festive without changing their set up. I will be adding something in the cage as a treat too.

Back