Hamster Gym Etsy Project

Zenshii

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Recently, I just received a custom-made hamster gym for Dango in the mail. This was a project I commissioned to a small animal toy shop on Etsy. A lot of times, guinea pigs have these types of gyms with chewing toys hanging down. I thought this would work well for Dango's enclosure since I have him in a glass aquarium with no top lid so he can get lots of fresh air. But because there are no bars or lid, I can't have any hanging toys in his enclosure, so I decided to ask someone to make a gym for me.

This shop on Etsy makes bigger toy gyms for chinchillas and guinea pigs, but I asked them if they could make a small one for a dwarf hamster. I was just thrilled with the results, and Dango has already started using it. It comes with 5 hanging toys with apple sticks and wooden blocks plus pumice stones, (which yes, you need to be careful of because they can cause dust when chewed, but as long as your hamster doesn't chew them obsessively, I think it is okay.)

What do you all think? I think it was a great purchase. I got it made for 40 US dollars, which is around 32 British pounds.

20230525_171049.jpg

Screenshot_20230526_133834_Etsy.jpg

That looks great fun for Dango. If he climbed the metal part, could he release the hanging toy by it opening? It looks like the kind of opening a keyring may have. :)

I don't think he could climb it? He hasn't tried to anyway, but I'll keep an eye on him. He never really tries to climb on things much, so I think he's safe for the most part. The metal part is too high for him to reach by normal means. That's a good point though, RainbowBrite!

Back