Hi I need your help

SarahBee

Reaction score
I was hoping someone may be able to tell me if this looks like a problem. I’m worried about my hamster. I’ve only had him about 1 month and he is active at night, and when I take him out, eats fine, he seems fine but this doesn’t look normal to me. It looks swollen around his male parts. Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_7966.jpeg
    IMG_7966.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7970.jpeg
    IMG_7970.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
It looks like you have a Chinese hamster.

This is totally normal for a male Chinese. They have very large male parts, and it can be a shock when you first see them. I would assume he's maturing and that's why you've noticed it now.

What a lovely little Chinese hamster :-) Male Chinese are quite notorious for having large protruberences! So as Daisy says, it's perfectly normal. But now we know it's a Chinese hamster, it helps with cage recommendations :) So I'll go back to your other thread ...........

Yes, their protuberances can grow to be quite large on male Chinese Dwarfs. My L. Bear himself has ones that I'd estimate two of his heads fitting in! You might've noticed now because he's getting older, and as he's growing, they'll have to grow with him.

Bottom line, you've got nothing to worry about. :)

Back