How to upload videos

Member ID2

Former Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to upload videos.

I have a youtube account and channel.
I've uploaded a hamster video on youtube but how do i move it from there to here?

Any help would be appreciated but please keep in mind that i am a right dummie with anything modern.

Thank you in advance.

You need to post the link to the video. On you tube there is an option to click 'share' which will give you the link to copy. Another way is to copy and paste the link onto here.

Yes you just paste the link. So when you're watching your video - at the top, in the web address bar, press and hold on that so the word "copy" comes up in a menu. The web address is youtube plus a string of extra things, which is the unique link to your video.

So you can either

1) Copy the link in the web address bar
or
2) Another way that maybe easier is click on the word "share" under your video - that opens up a menu with various options, but just select "copy".

Whichever way you copy the link you then just paste it on the forum page in your message (press and hold for the menu after you've finished typing and select "paste".

The link appears in your post (make sure it's at the end of your post - ie the cursor is at the end of the message or the end of the part where you want the video).

Once you click to "post reply" the video will show in your post.

Oh! It is Scottie. I still don't know how to select a video though.
Did you click on it? That is how to select one. It is so nice to see little Scottie in action. He is soooo cute!

They both show up fine. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "how to select a video". Do you mean on youtube? On your own youtube page, you click on the video to play it. When it's playing it plays on a main youtube page in full size (well not full screen but bigger than before). At the top of that page is the web address bar. You just tap on that and copy, then paste that link on here. Each time the web address bar link will be different for each video.

Looks like you have it sussed now :)

So i have to watch or open the video on youtube to be able to paste it onto here?
You can click on the video and then click on it to paste it. You do not have to watch the whole video but you do need to open youtube to find the video. Did I explain that okay?

I'll try that with a different video.
Thank you and Maz for your patience. I know i'm hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
I took this video the day i found out that i had taken in a pregnant hamster who had had 8 babies on the quiet.
I felt so bad and guilty for only having fed her portions for herself and gave them a big plateful of vegetables.
From then on there was always lots of food for Gertie and her growing babies.

If you like videos, this is one of my favourites. Gertie with some of her 8 babies.

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest sight! I love how one baby went into the bowl and ran away with some cauliflower.

Well done! You've got it. Lovely to see Clive. And also to see Gertie with her babies. I remember that happening and babies climbing everywhere. What's amazing about that video is that the babies must be incredibly tiny because it makes Gertie look HUGE! The babies look like small dwarfies and Gertie a giant. So Gertie must be normal size and the babies teeny tiny!

Back