Langham 100cm rat cage

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
The Langham rat cage used to be just an 80 cm one but there is now a 100cm one. It's too tall on it's own but with bedding panels and deep bedding it could make a large hamster cage. It comes with two good shelves - which is a good thing to have in a cage. Only thing is, the access is limited. There is a reasonable size door at the front but it's not that tall a door and it's only at one side. Other than that, it's top opening. So it wouldn't be good for a shy hamster but isn't a bad price (although bedding panels would be extra). The Plaza 100 is probably a better buy though. Similar price and a bigger front opening door. The only real advantage the Langham has is bigger floor area (100cm x 54cm).

Spot cleaning could be difficult from above in a tall cage and limit the set up.
It's a shame that manufacturers don't consider that. Good to see a 100cm version of this cage though.

Good point. I take for granted I can spot clean through a very large front door! You're right - that would be very tricky. I shouldn't even look at cages unless they have a large front door!

Basically, the Plaza is probably the best 100cm cage at the moment.

Back