Luna

Matt_S

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on - we got Luna in April which I've introduced her to here.

She's eating and drinking from her water bottle but is no longer going on her wheel, all she's doing is sitting in her coconut sleeping pretty much all day and all night.

She isn't shaking and the room temp is at a constant 19*C.

This has only been past week, she no longer comes up to you when you call her name too?

Any advice?

She is very pretty! If you increase the room temperature gradually to about 22C, does she become more active? It is easier for hamsters to cope with slow temperature changes either up or down.

She is maybe only using her wheel at night after it’s dark 😊. Thats quite common once they’re grown up. You could maybe put a piece of paper substrate on top of the wheel before you go to bed and see if it’s gone in the morning 😊. Unless you have a nightcam. I never see either of my Syrians on their wheels but they do use them most of the night.

She is so gorgeous and it’s lovely she comes to the cage door and trusts you. I think 19 degrees is fine. You could try 20 degrees. Our room never gets above 20 degrees though.

So I took her to the vet today in case - they did a thorough check, even squished her poop to see if she was dehydrated lol! I was told she is fine. Maybe change of weather but i said she hasn't drunk from her bottle for 24 hours but I have given her cucumber as it has water, he said Syrians in the wild don't drink too much etc - I trust him as he saved Sparky my first Syrian (in my picture). Thanks for your advice!

Glad all is well :-) Did you try the paper on top of the wheel thing? :-) That is such a gorgeous photo of her above. Are you going to enter it into this month's photo competition? :)

Glad all is well :-) Did you try the paper on top of the wheel thing? :-) That is such a gorgeous photo of her above. Are you going to enter it into this month's photo competition? :)

I very may well do enter it, I couldn't find any paper, I used a small fine marker pen and put a dot on the wheel just now, do you think thats okay or unsafe.

It's probably ok but the dot might end up at the top again ha ha. Maybe just put a bit of bedding or a very small piece of toilet paper on it. I rarely see my hamsters drink - they mainly seem to do it at night and the bottle does go down very slowly.

What a cute photo of Luna, lovely 😊

She’s no doubt already slept off the early morning wake up. Pleased she’s well, defo worth the visit to check alls good 🙂

I know, vet consultations have got so expensive now.

Back