Guest viewing is limited

March monthly thread - Raffy and other things

Day 5

Although our daffodils still haven't come out, they are out on the lane near the house, in the verges. OH snapped these, when taking the sheepdog out. It's his dog - he's an outdoor dog and we hardly ever see him!

View attachment 6476

View attachment 6477

View attachment 6478

View attachment 6479

Also the new playpen for Tino has arrived - still in its box. It says zooplus on the outside of the box, even though it came from a UK petshop, so clearly the pet shop just gets them from Zooplus.

View attachment 6480
Is this the skyline playpen? Look forward to seeing what it’s like 👍

Yes it is. I already have one though so can show you anyway :ROFLMAO: My current one isn't set up as a playpen though - the separate pieces are fencing off a corner of the room under the stairs to make the room hamsterproof.

Yes it is. I already have one though so can show you anyway :ROFLMAO: My current one isn't set up as a playpen though - the separate pieces are fencing off a corner of the room under the stairs to make the room hamsterproof.
Lol…I was thinking more about the quality of the new one

Oh sorry, yes - to see if it fits together ok.

Day 6

Some wildlife photos. Last summer we went to Tarn Hows in the Lake District. It's a haven for wildlife and very much a place of nature and away from bustling life. It's a lovely quiet place and nice for a walk or to escape tourism. We didn't see a lot of wildlife but did see a dragonfly and I managed to capture a couple of photos of it.

P8090187.jpg

P8090189.jpg

And this chubby robin who didn't seem afraid of humans at all.

P8090198.jpg

There are a couple of small lakes surrounded by trees

P8090209.jpg

P8090207.jpg

P8090224.jpg

Last edited:
Also, this is Ducky. Ducky is a doorstop. Really beautfully made. I got Ducky from a shop in the Lake District a few years ago where they sold quite a few hand made crafts. Ducky has a weighted bottom so he stays put. Currently he is used to prop up the barrier between the living room and the kitchen when Raffy is out. But he's not quite strong enough to stop Raffy pushing the barrier forwards a bit and escaping, so he is accompanied by a Wellington boot propping the barrier up as well.

IMG_1565.jpeg

And another one of the robin

P8090202.jpg

P8090229.jpg

And Raffy last night. I found this little basket for £3.75 and decided to use it for spring colours :) And it doubled up as a dig box for Raffy. So it's filled with cork granules and three hard boiled eggs for an Easter look! Raffy investigated and pouched all the hidden pumpkin seeds and sniffed the eggs curiously. He then also had a bit of spaghetti so ended up with quite full pouches and had to go back in his cage to empty them.

I'm wondering if he might have a bit of arthritis as sometimes his back and legs look slightly odd shapes - but he seems active and happy enough.

P3180575.JPGP3180583.JPG

P3190591.JPG

Beautiful photos from your holiday I can almost feel myself there looking at them!
Love dragonflies & the cheeky robin who looks like he’s showing you the way!
Ducky doorstop is lovely too.
Great photos of Raffy, the basket with the eggs is such a great idea & he looks like he’s enjoying exploring that.

Thank you elusive and Rainbow. I wanted to point out they were hard boiled eggs, not raw eggs, so perfectly safe :-) Raw eggs could have germs on the outside or other risks. Or be broken!

Day 7

Well a week later and slightly milder weather and things have changed in the garden a little bit. The lone white flower has disappeared, but a primrose plant is starting to come out in that flowerbed. The daffodils are very nearly about to burst open. One of the shrubs now has some green leaves, and another evergreen one has leaves changing colour and little flower buds appearing. So it does feel like Spring is finally here in my neck of the woods :-) These look slightly dark as it was early evening.

P3190593.jpg

P3190595 (2).jpg

P3190600.jpg

P3190598.jpg

P3190599.jpg

P3190602.jpg

Some primrose plug plants I planted in the front garden are doing something as well, but no flowers yet. And our potted Christmas tree from two years ago has sheeps wool on it :) It must have blown there. Also, a couple of photos of Raffy from the night before. After his free roaming I had him on the sofa for a while. He decided to sniff his tube and did accept a short stroke and cuddle but was then more interested in how to get off the sofa. He has never yet tried to jump off though. He seems nervous of doing that.

And I baked some cheese scones yesterday. In the mini tabletop oven which we got a few months ago. It saves on electricity and is much easier to use. I can do most things in it, and it's more or less replaced the main oven and slow cooker - it has a very low slow cooking setting. I really love it! It has digital settings and a timer, a bit like a microwave, so turns itself off and goes onto "keep warm" after the time you've set and I have less burned food now.

P3190597.JPG

P3190596.JPG

thumbnail_IMG_1627.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1633.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1643.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1645.jpg

And two short videos of Raffy from earlier in the week. The night he wanted to come out of his cage again after going back in. And on his wheel.

Last edited:
Back