My Zoo

Dusty's Mom

Reaction score
I have several different kinds of pets in my house at this time. And I have had many more over the many years I have been around. :)
Right now I have one dog, two cats, two gerbils, one hamster and one Leopard Gecko.

The dog, cats and gecko all really belong to my daughter and her two kids. They live with us and all of them are autistic and need therapy animal. So our dog, Shatter, is the grand kids therapy dog. She is a mix of poodle and pit bull if you can believe that. She is the most wonderful dog. The only aspects of a pit bull she got was barking as a watch dog. She doesn't look like a pit bull or a poodle, but part of her mix is also a Chow! So when her coat grows out she actually looks like a wire haired something! LOL! In this picture she just got groomed.
IMG_6669.jpeg
The two cats are my daughter's. She is a cat person and they are her therapy animals.
Beni is an American Snowshoe. He was hit by a car and brought to the Humane Society. He lost a back leg and some teeth. When my daughter saw him at the Humane Society she had to have him. He was just out of surgery when we adopted him. He is doing fine and is now 6 years old.
The Brown Tabby is Millie. She is my daughter's baby. She is about 1.5 years old.
IMG_5472.jpeg image000000.jpg

My Grandson has a Leopard Gecko. He named it Bean. Bean is only about 6 inches long and a very easy pet to care for if you don't mind feeding live
meal worms and live D. roaches. I forget the name of the roaches. But yuck!
IMG_0454.jpeg

Then there are my rodents. I have two gerbils and my hamster, Dusty. My gerbils are sisters and they are so much fun to
watch whenever they are out or their burrows. One is black named Coco and the other is light colored named Cream.

IMG_7716.jpeg CreamPuff.jpg

I knew nothing about caring for Gerbils or Hamsters when I got my rodents. I got the gerbils in June of 2023 and Dusty my hamster last March 2024.
I have had a great education on the caring for these little guys thanks for forums like this one. I recently made a playpen for my rodents to share. We
will see how that goes. I don't want to make this post too long so I will post videos later. :)

Such lovely photos of all your family pets. I can definitely see some poodle in the muzzle/nose area of your dog :-) Almost like a terrior. It's lovely the rescued cat found a safe home. The gecko is cute! I wouldn't fancy feeding him :ROFLMAO: Your gerbils are gorgeous! Beautiful happy little faces.

Dusty we have got to know and is a great and fearless little Robo :-)

Back