New cage/enclosure on wheels?

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
I just saw this today. It's similar to a Pawhut but has a metal frame and mesh at the sides as well as the top - and it's on wheels and has two front opening doors. And pvc flooring on top of the wood flooring. There is another grey painted one that looks similar on Amazon but without the metal frame and wheels.

It's not too bad a price either. Size is quoted in inches but it's approximately 100cm by 50cm by 60cm tall

Metal and wood cage.jpg

Last edited:
There are some reviews about it here on Amazon.com - so wondering where it ships from and what the shipping costs are .........Reviews are mainly positive but do say it's flimsy (similar to the Pawhut then) and some staples need reinforcing etc. But it's not a bad a price (assuming shipping isn't astronomical). The bottom door and pull out tray would be pretty useless once you have enough bedding in but the top door would be good.

Edit - I put it in my Amazon basket and went partway through checkout and it showed as free shipping. But then I have Amazon Prime which includes shipping so that might not be the same for everyone. It still doesn't say where it ships from though or how long and is showing 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

I would be wary as it does not say which wood it is made from. One thing I notice about Amazon is, a lot of their hamster stuff is from China and will say things like 'natural wood' but if you ask them what the wood is, they do not reply.

The seller of this cage is in China.

Well spotted Rainbow, which would explain the delivery time, but so many things are made in China now! Yes it would need checking what type of wood it is. It does say non toxic wood, in capitals though.

I just do not trust the non toxic wood description without them stating the wood. It could be a wood that is not safe for hamsters.

Agree it would be good to know what wood it is. I'll message them and ask. I read a few more reviews as well and it seems it has similar issues to the pawhuts in that hamsters chewed out and escaped and reviewers say it needs reinforcements.

I hope they reply. My questions about wood are usually ignored.

We'll see! So it seems the metal frame/corners and plastic tray in the base still doesn't stop hamsters chewing out (comments were it's flimsy so presumably thin wood?).

Yes the wood will be very thin. The wooden cages from China have a very thin wood. I read quite bad reviews about hamsters chewing out of there very quickly.

I've had one reply on Amazon (not from the seller!) Saying "it's rubbish plywood. It chips every time you screw in"

Just as I thought. Shame there is not more regulation on the pet items sold as they can be dangerous.

Back