Niteangel stackable cage

That looks interesting! It has a front opening door, high up as well. It does say they are stackable but I couldn't see where it says they're extendable - it sounded more like stacking cages for individual hamsters. Sizewise it's not bad - about 83cm x 50cm floor space.

It does seem very expensive for the size!

That looks interesting! It has a front opening door, high up as well. It does say they are stackable but I couldn't see where it says they're extendable - it sounded more like stacking cages for individual hamsters. Sizewise it's not bad - about 83cm x 50cm floor space.

It does seem very expensive for the size!
There is a video on the page which shows the different ways the cage can be used. I also think it is expensive for the size but so handy for storing hamster supplies underneath plus I love that it has wheels.

Reactions: Maz
I see what you mean - it's the second video shows them joined together lengthways. It would be hugely expensive for two! I wonder if the ventilation is sufficient too. Most of the top is mesh but not the whole top, and the Eco habitat has holes at the side as well. It would be possible to add more ventilation to the perspex front though.

I see what you mean - it's the second video shows them joined together lengthways. It would be hugely expensive for two! I wonder if the ventilation is sufficient too. Most of the top is mesh but not the whole top, and the Eco habitat has holes at the side as well. It would be possible to add more ventilation to the perspex front though.
It would cost a lot of money. I cannot see many buying it really.

I know - especially when Niteangel have so many other nice cages to choose from that look more appealing and less utilitarian perhaps. It's interesting they've produced a modular type one, when Ferplast have as well. At least the Nite Angel one is deep enough at 50cm. Size wise they have it covered. One on it's own would be good as a minimum size - eg for a dwarf hamster. Two together provide loads of space for any hamster - equivalent length to a detolf but deeper. I think it seems to mainly be aimed though, at people with quite a few hamsters who can then stack cages and have front access, without needing extra furniture. So in that sense, maybe it isn't too expensive as no furniture/shelf units to buy!

It might be better if there was a discount for a second and third one though.

Yes, i think it is aimed at people with multiple hamsters, limited space and lots of money. I think that there is a market for it.

I could not see any reviews but for another version somebody said it was no different to buying a 40 gallon tank.

Maybe not floorspacewise but i think the idea is to give people the option of stacking or extending widthwise similar to the Ferplast ones. I think it's just an upmarket version.
Not something i'd buy myself even if i'd want to spend that kind of money on hamster cages. I don't like the look of them for a start and would diy something similar if i'd want those type of habitats.

A 40 gallon tank would be a lot cheaper in the US. But - then they need to buy or make a lid for it (and don't have the front access or moveability on wheels. 40 gallon tanks are big and heavy. I just think it's a shame they didn't make it 100cm (40") for that price. I guess the marketing decision was - some people will be happy with that size and others can add another one for more space. But an extension should be cheaper than buying another one at full price. So better if they just made a 100cm one! That was stackable.

It is odd they did not make a bigger one. I wonder what their thought process was there.

I don't know but I reckon it was to get people to buy two lol! And the 30" is about minimum size on it's own (equivalent to 80 x 50 except it's 83 x 50 but that might be external measurements).

I don't know but I reckon it was to get people to buy two lol! And the 30" is about minimum size on it's own (equivalent to 80 x 50 except it's 83 x 50 but that might be external measurements).
I bet it was. Very sneaky!

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
Back