Old wheels and bottles

Charliethehammy2022

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My first post here and I’m very excited to join! I’m kristina and owner of many pets and I have gerbils but had a hamster named Charlie who sadly passed in 2022 :( he will be missed and forever be remembered as a good boy. My question is I have some old water bottles and wheels that are in rough shape. The bottles will either not drip or only give little water and the wheels are loose from my gerbils running like crazy LOL but I’m wondering if anyone wants these fixed upper items or has any ideas of where to recycle them or basically anything instead of throwing them out bc I hate being wasteful! Thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: Maz
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am very sorry to hear you lost Charlie.

Is it possible to put the glass bottles in a recycle bin that takes glass? As for the wheel, if you have a garden perhaps you could put some soil and seeds in it and grow something.

Hello and welcome :) I am so sorry about Charlie. I had a Charlie as well a few years ago. Do you think you'll get another hamster? I don't have any good suggestions really except use recycling facilities. We have a bottle bank for glass things, a separate one for metal bits and a separate one for plastic. They are often in supermarket car parks.

Or you could may repurpose the bottles without the screw on tops. For putting a few small flowers in like a mini vase. I am always wanting something like that for snowdrops when it's that time of year :)

Also with the wheels - maybe you could donate them to a hamster rescue if there's one in your area? I can't tell what size they are but they look like dwarf hamster wheels maybe. If they're smaller than 6.5" diameter though, they are too small really, so recycling would be better. Sizes for hamster wheels have got larger and larger. Most people use 8" for a dwarf and 11" for a Syrian now.

Hello & welcome to the forum.
I’m really sorry to hear about Charlie, I can imagine how much you must miss him.

If the bottles & wheels aren’t working well then you should be able to recycle them easily enough I would think, anything glass, metal or solid plastic I just put in the recycling bins for collection but I know things do vary a lot from one area to another.

Back