Omlet Sand bath

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
I quite like this sandbath idea of Omlet's as well :-) It's not expensive and simple enough, but the fact it has legs means you don't need a platform or stilts for a sandbath.

Omlet sand bath.webp

This being on a stand already makes it perfect 👌 No need for a platform. And it comes with the hide too...pretty good value. The only thing I'm wondering is if the stand is made of plastic? If it is, those legs wouldn't stand up long with a chewer...Blossom would be through it in minutes!

It's nice, but I like the wide, round ones as Socks likes to slide on his side round and round. His old chocolate tin is perfect 🍬

I don't know if the legs are plastic or metal. I assumed metal, but I take your point. Would blossom really chew through plastic legs ha ha? Mind you one of my syrians chewed through a wood leg holding his house up.

I'm tempted to send for one now just to see if the legs are metal or plastic. Yes it's maybe more dwarf sized than Syrian sized, and people use all sorts - ice cream tubs for sand baths eg - but it was the fact it was on legs it seemed a nice idea - saves money on platforms and stilts. I suppose it could be a container for an alternate substrate like cork granules as well, if the hamster already has a sand bath.

Tino has never used his sand bath! He sat in it once looking like he was just having a rest, and has never used it since! Just ignores it. I've found quite a few Syrians aren't interested in sand.

Yes! Blossom would chew through plastic legs…she chewed her plastic corner toilet which was why I had to search for a ceramic one 😏

I'm pretty sure it's metal, as I've just been sent the Omlet wheel on a stand to review and the stand is solid metal and looks very similar to the sandbath stand :-)

Back