Presenting Zelda the Unexpected Hamster (Syrian)

It could be - it would need keeping a close eye on. I don't put anything down but then there's a risk they'd chew the carpet. Unless it's on a hard floor. Some people put cardboard down.

Hi All,
I'm Andrea and I am a sucker for a rescue. The household currently contains a rescued shelf, houseplant, Chihuahua and Zelda. I found Zel in a local pet shop; she had been surrendered because her person could not care for her. For a $20 donation to a local pet charity, I went home with Zelda and all her worldly goods. Her enclosure had clearly not been properly cleaned or maintained for some time, and I think Zel may have some food security issues as a result. Nevertheless she is now living her best life (or at least the best life that I can give her). She is a gentle soul, does not bite but is highly kinetic, so all our pictures are a bit blurry.

Zelda is my first hamster, and having a hamster was NOWHERE on my radar. There has been a steep learning curve, and I appreciate the information available on the forum (and the research citations). I will be checking in when I can to learn more about hammie training and care.
She is lovely always nice to hear of a rescue

I have cardboard at the bottom of my playpen, as my hammy didn't really like a blanket, she just moved it out of the way. She will also chew the cardboard, if the mood takes her😃

Back