Renovations next door!

Rio’s Mum

Reaction score
I live in a Semi detached house and have just found out that my neighbour is getting rewiring work done tomorrow and I am concerned that it might scare little Rio and I can’t move his Detolf Cage. He is quite settled and a confident little hammy even though he is only 4 months old but what should I look out for or expect From him?
Any advice would be appreciated as I’m pretty worried as he isn’t used to noise of any sort (apart from my tv!)

These things are always worrying aren't they. If it's rewiring work it shouldn't be too bad and at least all the dust will be next door. There may be the odd bit of drilling. Electricians do seem to work quite short days so it should be finished by 4pm every day! With periods of quiet and the odd period of noise. Hopefully little Rio will just sleep through it. Do you know how many days it's going on?

There isn't much you can do really - at least the evenings will be normal and quiet for Rio so he'll have time to relax and have some normality,

These things are always worrying aren't they. If it's rewiring work it shouldn't be too bad and at least all the dust will be next door. There may be the odd bit of drilling. Electricians do seem to work quite short days so it should be finished by 4pm every day! With periods of quiet and the odd period of noise. Hopefully little Rio will just sleep through it. Do you know how many days it's going on?

There isn't much you can do really - at least the evenings will be normal and quiet for Rio so he'll have time to relax and have some normality,
That is so true, and Rio’s will have peace and quiet at night. The electrician is drilling the ceilings for spotlights tomorrow and rewiring upstairs only next week. The plasterers start on 1st May but I don’t expect much noise from them. Thanks for replying quickly Maz.

I think he'll be fine because he'll be safe and secure in his nest. I can imagine that deep substrate blocks a lot of noise out.
That‘s true Beryl, his main sleeping area is deep and the height of his cage. I was going to change his bedding on Friday but I might leave it if he is upset by things. Thanks for your reply.

Back