Rosewood Trio of Fun Balls

MaDazCo

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me which is which? (After checking the forum I believe one is to use as sisal string in place of chains, another is to put in the cage, and the other is to be discarded).

I'm assuming the first one on the left that looks like a rope is the sisal string? Can't tell between the other 2 which to discard. Possibly the middle as potentially get head stuck inside?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_20230703_122208446.jpg

I think from left to right they are water hyacinth, sea grass & rattan.
Water hyacinth is the same as the tunnels are made of which is safe.
I haven’t tried these but I would imagine sea grass is ok too but someone else may think differently.
Rattan is palm leaf so that should be ok.

Not sure what you meant about using one in place of chains.

It's the other way round :-) The one on the left is seagrass (which I sometimes call sisal string by mistake but it's still fine to use as string). The one in the middle is the wicker one - which can be a bit sharp if chewed - I don't use that in the cage, but do use it in a playpen. The one on the right is the softer hyacinth one which is good in the cage and you can stick treats under the folds :)

Sorry, I got that wrong then!

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
It's the other way round :) The one on the left is seagrass (which I sometimes call sisal string by mistake but it's still fine to use as string). The one in the middle is the wicker one - which can be a bit sharp if chewed - I don't use that in the cage, but do use it in a playpen. The one on the right is the softer hyacinth one which is good in the cage and you can stick treats under the folds :)
That's great, thanks.
I received some items that hang via chains, so I'll swap the chains for the seagrass so it's safer for them 👍

That's great, thanks.
I received some items that hang via chains, so I'll swap the chains for the seagrass so it's safer for them 👍
Would you like to post pictures of the items so members can offer advice? I only say that as some items may need a little adjusting to make them hamster proof. :)

Some items with chains are ok, if you change the chains for the sisal/seagrass string. Others aren't always great. The open rung hanging ladders aren't good really. And cloth hammocks are a chew risk. And some are badly made. But there are some that are ok.

I've bought these before and i really didn't like the middle one. It splinters and there were shards coming off it. The one on the left is sea grass and the one on the right is hyacinth. The one in the middle is rattan. I prefer the willow balls as they're more sturdy. I like to add high value seeds and other parts of their mix in the gaps so the hamster needs to move it about and work out how to get the pieces out. Up to you though. If you think it's too dangerous to go into the cage, maybe keep it for free roam/ playpen time? That way you can keep an eye on any wear and tear and remove as soon as there is an issue.

Back