Savic Aura 120 Plexi

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
This cage has been mentioned as a possibility before but apparently it's due to be released at the end of February. No doubt it could take time to get into mainstream shops/suppliers again but we can hope!

The production information leaflet is below. It holds 25cm of bedding (to the top of the perspex) and has narrow 6.5mm bar spacing. Apparently this is so it is suitable for dwarf hamsters. It is a whole 10cm taller than the Plaza 120 (presumably the extra 10cm of perspex). But if the 25cm base is filled with substrate it will be the same height as the Plaza 120 (which is actually 50cm tall internally).

It has the same top and front doors as the Plaza 120.

I think it would be good for Syrians (and mouseproof if you tend to get mice!) and would save having to buy perspex panels. And a good cage for mice. The bar spacing is good for robos and dwarfs but it would need setting up carefully due to the height, as with the current Plaza's. Plenty of substrate would help though!

Aura 120 Plexi.jpg

That sounds promising.😊 I still prefer tanks.😉
Yes some people do prefer tanks :-) It's very encouraging though as there are not many other commercial cages suitable that you can buy without needing diy etc :) I think that is sometimes the attraction. Ease of buying and lower price.

I think anyone wanting a Plaza 120 shouldn't wait for this though - new cages can take some time to become easily available after they're released.

That looks amazing. I wonder if they will make it in a 100cm size as well as that would be good for those who don't have space for a 120cm cage.

I wondered that too.

That looks amazing. I wonder if they will make it in a 100cm size as well as that would be good for those who don't have space for a 120cm cage.
I suspect they will just keep the original savic Plaza for those wanting a 100cm cage but I might be wrong.

Back