Scab on ear

Hello. I couldn’t say for certain - it could be a number of things from a wart to ear mites, to a fungal infection or even a tumour. You would need to take her to vet to have it diagnosed and treated. If it’s ear mites, they can take over a bit.

Do let us know how you get on. Is the hammy ok otherwise? Eating, drinking, normal activity? Not sitting hunched up?

A vet consultation doesn’t cost that much either. Any meds woukd be charged on top of a consultation fee but sometimes these things need a professional.

How old is the hamster by the way?

Poor little sweetie. I hope she gets better soon! It looks like it could be something besides a scab. Like the others were saying I think it would be best to take her to a vet. Hamsters need an exotic vet unfortunately but there's a good chance you can find one in your area.

Maybe get a small carrier, if you don't already have one, and put some of her cage's bedding into it and a hide so she isn't quite as stressed when she goes to the vet. The bedding will smell like home so she might be more comfortable. You can also spread out a little bit of food for her to find in the carrier to give her an activity to do while she's waiting in there.

Absolving in herself. Eating, drinking, running around as normal and full of energy
That's good to hear. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Zenshii's advice about the pet carrier is good. A guinea pig sized one is good for putting a small house in. I also have a blanket over it while in the car and sitting in the waiting area - so it's dark inside and feels safer and cosier.

Back