Second chance hamsters

Love the video of Toby having a good sniff around, I wondered if you’d been cooking too!
Lovely photo of him with his linseeds, he really is such a sweet handsome little ham 😍

My cooking would make them hide not sniff.
I think he was sniffing for his linseeds. I dropped a pinch on his little hemp mat while he was inside his sand jar.
I'm so glad that he seems a bit more settled now.

Oh dear. I just moved Toby's clay tunnel a little to go under his water bottle and promptly got screeched at by an irate dwarf!

Dwarfs really hate any kind of disturbance during their sleeping hours.

Oh dear! Maybe he's just adjusting to the changes but it sounds more like, as you say, he was disturbed while sleeping. He'll probably have forgotten about it later.

Oh dear! Maybe he's just adjusting to the changes but it sounds more like, as you say, he was disturbed while sleeping. He'll probably have forgotten about it later.
Don't think it's a matter of adjusting or insecurity. Dwarfs can be like that, some more than others. Gertie was a very friendly and sweet dwarf when awake but had a personality change when woken by mistake while spot cleaning. They often sleep in different places underground which doesn't help.

Don't think it's a matter of adjusting or insecurity. Dwarfs can be like that, some more than others. Gertie was a very friendly and sweet dwarf when awake but had a personality change when woken by mistake while spot cleaning. They often sleep in different places underground which doesn't help.
So it's not just Albert who sleeps in different places underground. Russian hamsters generally do it?

Is that Davy in the bathroom?! :-)

Back