Show us your cages 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pawhut is bigger. For a dwarf hamster you'd probably need to leave the top shelf out (so she couldn't fall from a height).

She's probably still a hybrid :) But may have more winter white genes than Campbells genes.
Yeah from pet shop is more likely is a hybrid but I do love her to beat. I was thinking to get a robo as well 😬 but I’m scared I’ll not be able to tame it 🤦🏼‍♀️ the bite isn’t

It is hard to tame Robos - well maybe not that hard but it takes persistence and not being afraid of them being fast. They rarely bite.

Yeah from pet shop is more likely is a hybrid but I do love her to beat. I was thinking to get a robo as well 😬 but I’m scared I’ll not be able to tame it 🤦🏼‍♀️ the bite isn’t
By the way your Avatar photo of Sweetie is lovely!

I have a robo and he is so shy so I have a camera in his cage. This helps me to see what he gets up to. I think they are more a 'watch pet'. It is great watching the camera footage and seeing what they get up to. You have your very own nature show. :)

The Pawhut is bigger. For a dwarf hamster you'd probably need to leave the top shelf out (so she couldn't fall from a height).
Do you think she would be cooler in there in summer or too hot?

It's difficult to know. A tank style cage is usually warmer and less ventilated than a barred cage. On the other hand wood breathes. On the other hand the wood wouldn't breathe so well if it was plastikoted/painted with waterproofing paint. A barred cage would probably be cooler/better ventilation. I prefer barred cages (if you hadn't guessed :)). But there is a limit as to how large you can go with a barred cage. The Ritz cage though is 100cm x 54cm which is good floor area. It only has a small door at the front though - but maybe you're used to that. It's a lot cheaper!

The Eco habitat does have ventilation holes down the sides as well as on top so has ok ventilation - but it's still mainly perspex. Also the top needs meshing as the slots are about 2cm wide.

Last edited:
I’ve found a few photos of some of my cage set ups, the larger cages are all on my computer which I haven’t used for about a year so I’ll have to dust it off & have a hunt!
Here’s the kevin (sadly no longer available) set up for Míri (Chinese)
Without substrate showing the basic set up with everything on stilts

CFAB8CDC-6F32-44B0-98E0-E06AF754F74D.jpeg

With substrate, all done.
CBCDBE4D-F87B-4AF2-8E8F-C6C3A64804BC.jpeg

I don’t have any photos of Zak’s set up in the 145L RUB but this is the original set up I had for Zylvan (Chinese)

The jar in the corner was just a stand in for the sand bath while I waited for it to arrive!

6C2E8F58-216A-43FC-96F5-E47B7F18E3B6.jpeg8B70D6DA-FE8D-4D0B-B1C7-59667498DDA5.jpeg

It’s not easy getting photos of a bin cage so I did a little video tour.

Thank you both, glad you like them & find them useful.
I just love setting up cages, even though I’m not planning on getting another ham at the moment I’m itching to do a new one as it’s been so long since I did!

Fantastic set ups :) I can see the Kevin looks slightly larger than the HH. The rub bin looks really spacious. More than I imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back