Skyline Marrakesh 120 from Zooplus

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
I've just seen that as well as the Barney cage, Zooplus are now selling the 120cm version of the Skyline Marrakesh - which is great. It's a really well made tank style cage. I remember pre 2020 the 120 version of the Marrakesh was only available in Germany so it's great it's shipping to the Uk now.

It's not actually 120cm, it's 115cm x 50cm x 50cm (external measurements). It's not cheap - it's £182.49 - but that is not much more than the Bucatstate 100 (which is smaller) and a fair bit cheaper than the Rodipet 120cm Laola.

Just to add - I always wanted one of these :) I used to look at them on German Amazon and wish you could get them in the Uk. It would be great for a Robo and is bigger than the Bucatstate 100. Shame it's not that bit deeper though. 50cm is external depth and internally it's about 44cm. It's very smooth wood at the sides that's already waterproofed, so not really chewable and has glass at the front and back and an extra ventilation strip at the back. On the other hand the Bucatstate 100 has a front opening door. But this is more solid.

I used to often look at it but it is quite expensive for Ireland. But tbh everything in Ireland is expensive 😅

Reactions: Maz
Brilliant for viewing underground open sided houses, snoozing hamsters are so cute!

• Love
Reactions: Maz
It's good isn't it? It's always been a good enclosure - part wood, part glass tank and with a good lid - but previously only the smaller version was available to the Uk and was a similar price! The smaller version isn't small exactly but was a bit narrow and not quite tall enough (96 x 47 x 38). This is a much better size :) The front glass actually slides up - I think that was supposed to be for cleaning but can't see how that would be useful as the bedding would fall out!

The removable front glass could be useful in some cases. Is it shatter proof, I wonder? Of course, if you wanted to take out all the bedding quickly, it could be handy, but if not 😲!

I don’t know if it’s completely removable or just slides up - and I don’t know if it’s safety glass either - and yes that has always been my concern about glass! You wouldn’t want it in the floor where a foot could knock it!

The other thing is - while I used to think this was a super large cage - it axtuslly has less floor area than the Savic plaza 120.

I've just seen that as well as the Barney cage, Zooplus are now selling the 120cm version of the Skyline Marrakesh - which is great. It's a really well made tank style cage. I remember pre 2020 the 120 version of the Marrakesh was only available in Germany so it's great it's shipping to the Uk now.

It's not actually 120cm, it's 115cm x 50cm x 50cm (external measurements). It's not cheap - it's £182.49 - but that is not much more than the Bucatstate 100 (which is smaller) and a fair bit cheaper than the Rodipet 120cm Laola.

It's now £233.99 😲

Back