Small pimple on testicles

cmin9

Reaction score
Hi! In the last 2 days I've seen a small pimple-like thing on my hamsters testicles. It's small, and white/yellow-ish, just like a really small pimple that would burst. I've searched on the internet and it seems to be cancer. It's really that bad? I don't have a photo at tje moment, sorry.

He is active, eating and drinking as normal.

It does sound like some kind of septic spot. How old is your hamster again? It isn't necessarily cancer - it could just be a small abscess or infected spot. Best thing to do would be to take him to a vet for a checkover and see what they think.

He's about 6 months, under a year for sure.

He's not very old then. So it's unlikely to be cancer :-) That tends to be when they are much older. A vet might give antibiotics or possibly some other treatment.

The good part is that my gf would go to a vet on friday with her Degus and she'll ask also about the "pimple" issue and maybe the doctor will give some medicine or he'll say it's ok. Thanks again for such prompt response.

Managed to take a photo of the problem.

IMG_20240104_214851.jpg

It's very small. It almost just looks like a little wart. It might not be anything particularly abnormal. Has it only just appeared? But if you say there was pus coming from it then it might be the start of a small abscess.

Nothing coming out of it actually. It just appeared about 4 days ago (or thats when I noticed it, but pretty sure he doesn't have it for more than 1 week.)

It does look like a little wart to me. But the vet will be the best person to ask or comment. Maybe they'll say it's just a nodule and shouldn't be a problem but keep an eye on it. Or maybe they'll say it's a wart and can be frozen off or something (I'm just guessing there!).

We'll see tomorrow what the doctor says, but wanted to share with you guys just to have a better image of the issue

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. I am thankful for your help and advices, helped me to be calmer and better informed how to give him a better (although short) life.

Small update: The vet gave us some ointment for 7 days. I have to weigh him daily for check if he drops in body weight. After this, I'll go with him at the vet is the situation is not improving.

It seems that we actually have a vet that treats small animals, even doing surgery on hamsters. It's a bit frustrating that we have to find this just by word of mouth. It's not even far from us (15 minutes with an Uber)

That's great news you found a vet that treats small animals :-) Did the vet say what he though the pimple was? Presumably it's antibiotic ointment?

He said what was already said in here: might be a small greasy pimple, a tumor or abcess. Yes, it has antibiotics. It's used for cows, dogs and cats, it's called Mibazon. He said to put just a really quantity, the very tip of a q-tip.

Back