That pre Christmas thing

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it's coming up scarily fast?! I mean it's over two months away to Christmas and I have largely ignored it - don;t go to shops much but am aware they have been full of Christmas things since August. You start to notice when you want to organise something or order something and they say - it'll have to be after Christmas! Or get in quick or whatever.

I’m booking appointments for December now in schools which is challenging as there are so many events on that I’m having to write off the last couple of weeks of term really. Yes, it does seem weird talking about Christmas parties and dinners in October!

I know we all say it, but it’s scarey how quick this year seems to have past. Asda was full of Christmas items at the weekend, even the freezer buffet bits. Celebration and Hero sweet tubs are expensive this year £6 I think in our Asda. I’m sure they were £4 last year 🤔

Reactions: Maz
I'm just finding the weeks are going whoosh - things I want to get on with and the next thing I know it'll be - it'll have to wait till after Christmas. So there's sort of this thing of having to get absolutely everything done before Christmas! Anything that has needed doing all year, suddenly needs doing before Christmas. Or is that just me ha ha?

Christmas is a very dark time. In the medieval times, you stood a higher chance of dying in the cold months. Just having stores enough to get through winter was something to celebrate. Having a really good feed probably boosted the immune system, as well as contact with other people and sharing a variety of foods. It still has a survival of the fittest resonance and a sense of the spirit world being close. It has become a celebration of self interest to a large extent unfortunately as modern living requires it.

Back