Tissue / Paper Bedding

ponyo

Reaction score
I wanted to ask if anyone in here have an exprience using Living World Fresh & Comfy? It looks nice in the photo, because this is an import product no one have an exprience using it in here.

Looking at the advert in Amazon.co.uk, I see it contains baking soda, which is very alkaline and can really sting eyes and mucous membranes. I wouldn't use it, it sounds dodgy. They put soda into it to neutralise odours, but it can cause irritation and is probably not healthy if the dust gets inhaled

Unfortunately not - it’s the “fresh “ part that is the problem. Baking soda can cause serious health issues or death - respiratory issues and more.

They should know not to add it as there were huge issues when Carefresh added it in the past.

Thanks for the information,
I missed that baking soda part. I though living world already have a big name and they have safe product. There are 2 new bulk tissue bedding available in here now, exclude DIY one. Chipsi carefresh and living world fresh n comfort. I still on research which is the good one, since DIY is more pricy. I wanted to try change all bedding with tissue.

Yes they do have a big name. It's annoying. Like a lot of these manufacturers though, they do some good products and some not good. Even Carefresh, Chipsi and Kaytee Clean and Cosy do scented versions so you need to check to avoid scented versions as well.

Can you get Kaytee Clean and Cosy? Most people find that better than Carefresh but there are still plenty of people use Carefresh. It could work out expensive though.

Have you tried Rat Rations? I believe they ship to a lot of countries. They sell all sorts - hemp (Aubiose), and Megazorb in bulk - bulk can work out cheaper in the long run. Aspen, Oxbow Pure Comfort (that is paper bedding). Erin's Hamsters used to get Aubiose shipped to Cyprus from there.

I just tried putting Green mile (cardboard bedding) and Oxbow Pure comfort in the basket and going to checkout and they ship to Turkey - is that where you are? I can't remember :-) I couldn't go any further to see the shipping costs as it asked for a postcode. The shredded cardboard is quite cheap. It's not really good on its own as can be a bit hard and doesn't hold tunnels, but can work well mixed in with paper bedding to make the paper bedding go further.

Yes they do have a big name. It's annoying. Like a lot of these manufacturers though, they do some good products and some not good. Even Carefresh, Chipsi and Kaytee Clean and Cosy do scented versions so you need to check to avoid scented versions as well.

Can you get Kaytee Clean and Cosy? Most people find that better than Carefresh but there are still plenty of people use Carefresh. It could work out expensive though.

Have you tried Rat Rations? I believe they ship to a lot of countries. They sell all sorts - hemp (Aubiose), and Megazorb in bulk - bulk can work out cheaper in the long run. Aspen, Oxbow Pure Comfort (that is paper bedding). Erin's Hamsters used to get Aubiose shipped to Cyprus from there.

i dont know what kind of research they did to make those scented bedding.

Kaytee product currently not available in here, some importer sell it for $200-$300.

Does carefresh and chipsi carefresh not the same brand?
sg-11134201-7rd6b-lvd0cqw8b0sn3f.jpeg

This one is available in here. However nobody have an experience about it, woodshaving is more popular than tissue.

I just tried putting Green mile (cardboard bedding) and Oxbow Pure comfort in the basket and going to checkout and they ship to Turkey - is that where you are? I can't remember :-) I couldn't go any further to see the shipping costs as it asked for a postcode. The shredded cardboard is quite cheap. It's not really good on its own as can be a bit hard and doesn't hold tunnels, but can work well mixed in with paper bedding to make the paper bedding go further.
Im from Indonesia, Maz.
I used paper bedding before, however to fill the deepth standart really cost a lot, since paper doesnt expand like tissue.

Oh sorry - it must be someone else from Turkey :-) I haven't seen Chipsi Carefresh before - I'm off to investigate!

The Chipsi Carefresh is for sale on Amazon and seems very popular. No nasty ingredients on the list. It looks/sounds like regular Carefresh.

It could work out expensive though if the bags aren't very big.

No problem, Maz.
Thanks a lot for the help to gather information, i only gather that people used it as topper bedding. Hopefully it works as well as main bedding.

$10 for 10L Chipsi Carefresh in here, more afforable than DIY ones.

It looks like nice bedding. If you have a paper shredder with clean blades (some have oil on them) you could shred plain white paper towels. They make quite nice, soft bedding. It could even work out quite cheap if the shredder isn't expensive.

It looks like nice bedding. If you have a paper shredder with clean blades (some have oil on them) you could shred plain white paper towels. They make quite nice, soft bedding. It could even work out quite cheap if the shredder isn't expensive.
Thanks Socks Mom for the information. I did that before, however these days my workload have increases. So i try to manage to buy some and combine it with mine.

Back