Training day

Lovelyness

Hamster Custodian
Reaction score
I work as a speech and language therapist, and today had a training day on English grammar! To anyone else that would most likely be terrifically boring and complicated but we are kind of grammar nerds 🤓 We do like a relative clause or two lol 😆 Anyway, I took a photo of the first slide shown...I probably looked like I was being diligent and studious, but in fact I just wanted to show it to you lot lol 😆 Hamsters get everywhere lol 😆 Blossom is particularly interested in the mention of cheese 🧀
20241002_100618.jpg

Did you design that lesson with a hamster or was it coincidental? :-) It's great. I don't even know what S-V is!

Did you design that lesson with a hamster or was it coincidental? :-) It's great. I don't even know what S-V is!
So, the training course was led by someone else who had designed this slide! SV stands for subject verb. We use a system called visual coding/shape coding to represent different grammatical structures to teach it to children, hence the shapes on the slide. It was just to demonstrate different sentence structures, and just randomly happened to use hamsters as the subject! 🐹 The therapist leading the training said she didn’t know quite what she was thinking when she came up with it, but I reassured her that my hamster loves to eat cheese, although not with a fork lol 😝

That was a really nice coincidence :-) I remember learning numbers from different coloured blocks of different sizes/shapes in Scotland when I was about six. Nobody knew what I was talking about when we came back to England! But it's interesting that colours and shapes help remember things.

Was that in Scotland too Tulsi?

Love the realistic touches, hamster standing in food bowl ❤️ gorgeous!

Back