Trixie hide

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone have this hide? I just got one through the post and the edges inside the door feel quite sharp. Maybe I can sand them. Also inside at the top near the chimney is a sharp little nib a nose could get scratched on - I’ll try sanding that too. Hope I don’t end up breaking it! I like the little chimney - you could use it to stick sprays in. And it’s a cool place to sit in hot weather, being teracotta.

IMG_1022.jpeg

I do not have this hide but I have a similar one. This is what it looks like.

It was smooth so perhaps you have a faulty one.

Ag they are very similar aren’t they? This one was described as a gnome house! It’s from Getzoo. My order from them finally arrived after sitting in customs for 6 days.

I am pleased you got the order. It is a very similar hide to the one I have. Orko really loved that hide and I am sure your new hamster will. :)

If I can sort the sharp nib out and sand the edges! The edges aren't too bad inside but sharper than they should be. And if I can fit it in the cage!

It does look nice, I think that’s the one I had from Mixerama quite a while ago but it arrived in bits so I just had a refund!
It’s a shame about the sharp bits, I haven’t tried sanding terracotta but it should work, hope so.
Glad your order made it through customs, they do take ages sometimes.

A bit of sandpaper round the inside edges of the entrance worked nicely - only took about 2 minutes. It's nice and smooth now. The little sharp nib under the chimney came off straight away with the bit of sandpaper. It was still a little bit of a sharp edge at the inside entrance to the chimney and that was quite awkward to sand and get my hand inside! In the end I scrunched the sandpaper up inside and rubbed it round a bit and that did the trick :)

Aw thank you. I haven't had to get any ceramic hides for a long time - I had some nice ones I used a few times over the years. But have a nasty habit of breaking them! Usually while washing them up. I'm being very careful with this one!

Back