Trixie Ladder

MaDazCo

Reaction score
Just received this Trixie Natural Living Ladder and noticed some visible glue. Is this just best to return or would you cover with moss or something else that is safe to use? Noticed a couple of loose bits of splintered wood would also need removing if I kept it.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20230629_162310033~2.jpg
    IMG_20230629_162310033~2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
I would not personally use that because of the gaps between. Some people fill the gaps with moss or bedding though.

I do not know if this is of any help but I have a thread on here about me preparing for a hamster which lists the things I am buying. Just thought I would mention it in case it will give you any tips. :)

I would not personally use that because of the gaps between. Some people fill the gaps with moss or bedding though.

I do not know if this is of any help but I have a thread on here about me preparing for a hamster which lists the things I am buying. Just thought I would mention it in case it will give you any tips.
Yeah I'll send it back, cheers. Not as good quality as I was expecting it to look.
Just found your thread. Looks good 👍

I think the glue is okay but I agree that the gaps are dangerous. It's a shame as I used to buy those long bridges all the time and they were always good quality. I hope they haven't gone downhill like the wooden Trixie wheels have.

I only ever buy bendy bridges in person these days (not online) so I can inspect them first. So often they're full of gaps and just not safe at all.

I gave up on those - the end piece snaps off. I'm not sure hamsters like hanging bridges that move around anyway really. They seem to prefer things stable. I'd send it back due to the glue and the gaps.

In case you didn't know - those hanging ladders with rungs aren't safe either :) Anything with chains isn't good (although you can replace the chains with sisal string). Runged ladders aren't good as hamsters can't keep their footing.

Some items that are popular and safe are

Hyacinth tunnel

Click here

Cork log

Click here

Rat sputnik (plastic hammock to hang next to the shelf) - gives overhead cover as well

Click here

Rainbow bridge (it's quite small but can be useful)

Click here

Back