Wheels

Jain

Dwarfie Days
Reaction score
Pete has 2 wheels one in his cage and another for his playpen he used to use the playpen wheel for at least a few minutes each playtime but now he just hops in and straight back out he uses his sand box and tubes and loves to climb I'm wondering if he is just bored with it or has enough wheel time during the night in his cage although I don't tend to hear him on that one as much as I used to either apart from that he seems fine and active

They do seem to go on & off with things, he’s probably just happy enough doing other things & will most likely go back to using it when he’s ready.
If he’s fine in himself & active then I’m sure there isn’t a problem & with that many wheels I doubt there’s a problem with those either.

I think in the playpen they have more things to do and sometimes they'll use the wheel and sometimes not bother. You could try a saucer for the playpen :)

I've just weighed Pete seeing as he isn't using his wheels as much and he does look rather rotund he is 66gms is this about average for a 4 month old dwarf

I personally would not worry. Dwarf hamsters do tend to look round. Pete sounds like he is having so much fun exploring all the lovely things you have for him. I suspect he is using his wheel a lot when you are asleep. :)

Back