Worn out

Jain

Dwarfie Days
Reaction score
We recently moved Petes wheel onto the cage bars to give him more floor space all going really well he still used it as much as ever then I realised I hadn't heard him on it for 2 nights and neither had o/h we took it off and found he had worn the spindle down so much it caused it to have a slight tilt which wasn't so noticeable in situ but Pete obviously felt it, fortunately I'd got the one Pete has for his playpen Note to self : keep an eye on the spindles BTW its a Savic Rolly lasted 6 months from 1st May

Pete’s obviously been enjoying his exercise!
I’ve never had one of those wheels but 6 months doesn’t seem long for a wheel, good that you checked it & Pete can keep running in his other one now.

We have a Savic Giant Rolly too…I’ll have to keep an eye on it, although tbh Blossom doesn’t use it much…she prefers her dig box 👍

Thank you for the warning. I also have not had one of those wheels before. Luckily you have a spare wheel. :)

Sorry to hear that. I had a big syrian once who used to thunder in his wood trixie wheel and break the ball bearings! How does it fx to the bars? A silent runner would last a lot longer

Sorry to hear that. I had a big syrian once who used to thunder in his wood trixie wheel and break the ball bearings! How does it fx to the bars? A silent runner would last a lot longer
It's fixed by a plastic spindle with a plastic thing on the outside of the cage which twists to hold it securely if that makes sense my o/h is going to see if he can make a replica in metal on his laith. The other wheel is a large blue one that has a metal spindle and removable front no name on it but think it was called a silent runner on the packaging.

It's fixed by a plastic spindle with a plastic thing on the outside of the cage which twists to hold it securely if that makes sense my o/h is going to see if he can make a replica in metal on his laith. The other wheel is a large blue one that has a metal spindle and removable front no name on it but think it was called a silent runner on the packaging.
Ah yes I know what you mean - it's the same one that comes with the savic Plaza. I've used it before. The one that the front comes off is probably the trixie 20cm one. The silent runner is either yellow or orange. If you still have that one (assuming it's the trixie) you can just leave it on the stand and tie the stand to the bars (I think this is what Frida has done). Although maybe that wouldn't work with your new layout now?

Is Pete without a wheel then? They tend to not cope with that for very long!

No Pete isn't without a wheel we put the one blue one into his cage as soon as we realised which was literally 2 nights and fortunately it attaches to the bars in exactly the same 👍🙂

Oh great stuff. I thought a wheel-less Pete might be going a bit maverick!

Back