仓鼠 Tsang Shu

Lovely photos and a beautiful hamster :-) She is enjoying your home made treats there! She looks quite calm actually. i am looking forward to hearing a lot more about her! One thing we forgot to mention - adding nesting material for her to take to build a nest. Plain white toilet paper torn into strips is best. You just put a pile of that outside the the house, next to the door ideally (not inside the house). The hamster pouches it and takes it to line their nest and make it cosy. When the pile goes down just add another one :-)

A small technical note. If you make sure your cursor is on the line under your typing, before inserting the photos, then the photo doesn't split the sentence so it ends up at the bottom. I've edited them above. So it's either hit the return button on a keyboard or similar on a touch screen, so the cursor is the line below your text, before inserting photo.

We have two chinese hamsters on the forum now :) (Daisy has one too).
There are threads for Tsang Shu, Leo, Zak and Button. What happened to these other hamsters?

Hello Tsang Shu you are really beautiful, looking forward to seeing more of you

Congrats Robert, she really is a lovely girl.
You might want to add some more hides & tubes to your enclosure, Chinese hamsters do like to have lots of cover, more so than other species, & lots to explore & climb on, she’d love something like a cork tunnel.

Zak died quite recently, I think Button has too.

She is hiding today. I thought maybe she had escaped but I heard her scratching around inside her house.

IMG_8794.jpeg
Here is her set up. Yesterday she ran in her wheel, then raced up the tube, then back to the wheel. Almost frantic.

The vase (top middle) has tissue and food morsels in it.

There is water in the blue bottle and in the round dish on top on her house.

Four cardboard hideouts are next to the fence, for safety. One at the other end of the tube. One in the middle bottom opposite the vase. Last one is leaning next to the house, giving her access to the yummies there.

She’s bound to be a bit nervous to begin with but she would probably be better with a bit more cover to move around in, she’ll be feeling quite exposed going from her house to her wheel, food & water, the sand area is quite open. Do you have any toilet roll tubes or kitchen roll tubes, they should be big enough for now & she could run through those for some cover.
You could put the sticks on the substrate for her too.
The water bowl looks quite large although it’s a bit hard to tell, something like a tea light holder is big enough & safer.

It looks much better. She is bound to be a bit skitty at first. It can take them up to two weeks to fully feel at home in a cage. Making scratching noises inside the house is a good sign - ot means she’s making it her own and is probably going to nest in there.

Back