Advice for a New Hamster Owner?

the people who originally had Holly thought it was a girl, so we’re all used to calling her that. She’s actually a boy. I really should have been more clear about that since I’ve learned how different they can be from each other. Probably safer to start referring to Holly as a him on here from now on to avoid confusion.

I can absolutely get that enriched setup going. Once petco’s legendary dollar-per-gallon sale comes up I’ll switch to a real tank. He already has a playpen that I put him in regularly, as well as letting him explore the room under CLOSE supervision. regardless of gender, Holly loves the boredom breakers. Goes through them like crazy.

I also just wanted to say thanks to both of you for bearing with me through this process and helping me help her! I know I’ve asked a million questions lol.

Ah I forgot, sorry. Yes better we call him him now! Are you going to keep the name?

Oo! I think Holly is a wonderful name - but if you would like a name change, I have a few ideas 🙂 So it’s decided, doing a 50 gain? If so, hopefully there’s a dollar per gallon sale soon!

Back