Bene-bac 'dose' for hamsters

Excellent that's helpful :). That sounds the same as 0.01ml for about 50g of hamster (which is probably about 1.5 drops). It's actually not difficult to draw 0.01 ml into a 1 ml syringe. Our robo was on 0.02 of baytril once - it's a tiny marking but it's fairly easy on a 1ml syringe - just put a marker pen mark over it so it's easier to see each time. It does give a more accurate dose. Although it's not crucial like an antibiotic, it's quite difficult to give 1.5 drops of meds! If counting drops - so using the syringe gives the same amount each time (which is probably equivalent to 1.5 to 2 drops).

What dose of baytril is she on?

Edit: It was 0.05ml per 50g for the potent brew and 0.01 ml for the Benebac gel.

0.05 is easier to measure out in the syringe than 0.01! I would call it 0.04ml though as she's under 50g. Which is four of the smallest markings.

Last edited:
Brilliant, thankyou! She's currently on 0.02ml of baytril and the same dose for metacam and while I admit I have to squint a bit (because I need glasses but refuse to find the time to get my eyes tested 🤣) it's certainly doable.

See above - it's 0.05ml of the Potent Brew. As she's less than 50g then 0.04 might be better - which is four of the smallest markings on the 1ml syringe.

Back