Cage set up photos

So useful to have a step by step guide to how you set it up. It’s lovely to see wonderful enclosures as inspiration, but then you wonder ‘but how did they do it?’. So useful for noobs to see how to go about setting up!

Elusive has been doing them like this for years :-) So I've had plenty of inspiration from others. My set ups used to be much more simple as I used the bars a lot. But with deeper bedding and no bars it does become a slight architectural project! I do have a few bars still - there is a strip of about 2" of bars not quite at the top, for ventilation and a slight gap at the back where the wheel is.

The cage looks amazing! I love that idea of using the cork to make a roof for the sand bath. It turns it into a kind of cave! Where did you get the clam shell sand bath?
RainbowBrite found the clamshell at Hamsterswelove site. It was quite expensive and I balked at the cost (£35) but it is a bit special and could be useful for all sorts for any species.

The shell is lovely & a great size, I’ve seen smaller ones on amazon but nowhere near as nice as that so worth the price I think, I want one now 😂

Well I did tell Rainbow she was very naughty showing me the link to it - as I couldn’t resist it. It is huge!

The shell is lovely & a great size, I’ve seen smaller ones on amazon but nowhere near as nice as that so worth the price I think, I want one now 😂
I have the smaller version. I have also ordered the bigger one. 😂

I didn’t know there was a smaller version!

Are they the same brand then?

For multi chamber houses I use 6mm dowels from The Works.
RainbowBrite found the clamshell at Hamsterswelove site. It was quite expensive and I balked at the cost (£35) but it is a bit special and could be useful for all sorts for any species.
Interesting website, thanks for sharing. I see they have some nice water bottle holders too. I'm looking for one of those for the gerbils for Christmas. The clam shell is expensive but it looks huge.

It is huge!

The cage looks amazing! I love that idea of using the cork to make a roof for the sand bath. It turns it into a kind of cave! Where did you get the clam shell sand bath?
Thank you :-) The idea came about by accident as I didn't think I'd have space for a cork log. Then I saw the link to the cork shed on the Happy Hamsters site and saw that piece and thought - that is big enough to go over the sand bath so it would fit :-) I wasn't quite sure it would fit until I tried it - but yes it makes a kind of sand cave.

Back