Cost of cages these days

I like the Pawhut ones but if I had one I would want to leave the shelves out and have a front door as well! One of them you can reverse the bottom panel and door when building it so there's the option for deeper bedding and a front door that's useable.
I would remove the shelves too. I did not know you can reverse the door. That is a great idea!

It used to be that rescues would say - an inexpensive basic set up would be an Alaska cage and Trixie wheel. So what could be the alternative now?
Some rescues nowadays wouldn't accept the Alaska as a suitable cage for a Syrian anyway because their minimum is 100cmx50cm.

There is no inexpensive option.
It certainly is shocking. Maybe we should start a bad cages thread.
I have in how not to house a hamster.

I like the Pawhut ones but if I had one I would want to leave the shelves out and have a front door as well! One of them you can reverse the bottom panel and door when building it so there's the option for deeper bedding and a front door that's useable.
Someone who adopted from me made the front door into a slot in one so the whole front door slid upwards and the hamster was able to come out by himself.

Some rescues nowadays wouldn't accept the Alaska as a suitable cage for a Syrian anyway because their minimum is 100cmx50cm.

There is no inexpensive option.

I have in how not to house a hamster.
Yes of course - there is already a thread on that :)

So the lady from Fuzzbutts says there is a cage manufacturer in the Uk in Norfolk. Apparently it's Liberta cages - it looks like they make the one that used to be called the Mamble and is now called various different names like Jemima.

Trouble is, it is no cheaper than the Savic Plaza cage (and it needs extra shelves to buy on top as it's a very tall cage). So that's not a bargain find. Still looking for the best bang for buck cage!

The Savic Plaza is currently on sale for £60 - a great price these days!

The Savic Plaza is currently on sale for £60 - a great price these days!
Where?! PAH? I think that needs a thread of its own! :)

Back