Creative imaging and image manipulation

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
This thread is for fun - photos using anything you want - digital imaging software, clip art, photoshop type things, image manipulation - that kind of thing. As long as it's hamster friendly and safe. And feel free to start a new thread if you have some things you wish to display such as line drawings from photos or a particular skill in digital imaging.

Last edited:
I've decided to change this into a general photoshop photo thread rather than a competition, as it doesn't seem too popular! And we have the general photo competition running as well :) . So it's been moved to the main section (out of the competitions section) and is just a thread to post any creations you have - using photoshop type programs - just for fun.

I think that's the same for a lot of people Beryl :-) - also it maybe just isn't in fashion any more!

I've decided to change this into a general photoshop photo thread rather than a competition, as it doesn't seem too popular! And we have the general photo competition running as well :) . So it's been moved to the main section (out of the competitions section) and is just a thread to post any creations you have - using photoshop type programs - just for fun.
I don't use PS and my editing is more specific for the shots I've produced, the problem I have is the image sizes with my gear 16 bit tiff files can be over 200Mb each which kills storage even the jpegs are from those files end up in the 60-80Mb range, I have to reduce their size dramatically to publish even on Facebook.

Agree - I don't use photoshop either and the kind of thing above was just for fun :) . I use Capture One Pro for any decent photos (raw images) which I like a lot. I couldn't quite follow the bit about file sizes but it sounds tricky.

The upload limit on here for a photo (at the moment) is about 2mb. I am looking into trying to increase that but it's complicated. Means using additional software.

Last edited:
Agree - I don't use photoshop either and the kind of thing above was just for fun :) . I use Capture One Pro for any decent photos (raw images) which I like a lot. I couldn't quite follow the bit about file sizes but it sounds tricky.

The upload limit on here for a photps (at the moment) is about 2mb. I am looking into trying to increase that but it's complicated. Means using additional software.
Maz, I generally use DXO Labs and the NIK collection plug ins suite I guess it is a lot like light room as all the edits are non destructive and you only save as a jpeg your finished image.

Reactions: Maz
I have the nik collection but haven't managed to get it to work with Capture One Pro yet. But then I hardly do any photography these days.

I have the nik collection but haven't managed to get it to work with Capture One Pro yet. But then I hardly do any photography these days.
Maz, that's criminal I recall you posting great shots before, I'm still shooting and have been working with a local film maker where I do the behind the scenes images etc then when I get the chance get involved in the shoots too

That sounds amazing! I had intended to start doing more this year but it's been a funny year and got hectic. I did get a new tripod though, so there's hope!

Fantastic photo! Every detail. Which lens? There's a photographer on Twitter who does a lot of bird photography - I bought his calendar. It inspired me to get the longer lens and have a go but I think it takes a lot of practice and technique.

This is the best I've managed so far!

P5141527_2.jpg

It's not as sharp as I'd like but was handheld.

Fantastic photo! Every detail. Which lens? There's a photographer on Twitter who does a lot of bird photography - I bought his calendar. It inspired me to get the longer lens and have a go but I think it takes a lot of practice and technique.
That was with my Canon 90D and Canon 100-400 f4-5.6L MkII

It's not as sharp as I'd like but was handheld.
Decent shot of a Starling 99% of mine are all handheld I'm pretty good down to 1/10th of a second after that I look for something to rest on.

A 100-400 with a full frame camera is something! I think micro four thirds definitely has its limitations - although there are some very nice long range lenses for it (at a cost!)

A 100-400 with a full frame camera is something! I think micro four thirds definitely has its limitations - although there are some very nice long range lenses for it (at a cost!)
I've got some cracking shots with my Micro Four Thirds kit I'm amazed by how good the quality is.

Back