Good place for cork logs

Maz

Administrator
Staff member
Moderator and Admin
Reaction score
I found this site listed on Happy Hamsters and it has a great selection of Cork logs - both the tunnels and the half tunnel hides, in all different shapes and sizes :-) Which saves ordering them from Rodipet in Germany or getting dirty ones on Amazon full of spiders! I have bought one so will report back how clean it is on arrival! It was good to be able to choose a shape and size.

Sorry! I was looking for one that didn't have to come from Germany! In the hope it would arrive quicker. Which it may or may not be. If you look under the drop down menus they have all kinds of cork hides - tunnels as well hides and tubes and even double entrance "turtle hides"

I'm sure you could squeeze it in somewhere :-) Depending how big it is!

I don’t think there’s room for anything else in the cage, it didn’t look too huge though so we’ll see.
Looking forward to seeing how good the quality is now as i’ve been buying most of my cork from reptile shops for a while.

*I don't need any more cork, I don't need any more cork, Teddy and Winter both have enough I don't need anymore cork...*

This looks fabulous 🤩 while I don't think Teddy or winter need any more cork, I am very interested to see what it comes like 😀 (winter doesn't have an Xmas prezzie yet and is a huge cork log fan, technically she has no room but I may just have to find room! Plus Teddy could use some more out of cage stuff 😏)

My cork just arrived, that was pretty quick delivery & I’m impressed with the quality too so definitely recommend for anyone needing cork (or even not needing it 😂)
The turtle hut is pretty huge! I think I’ll have to take everything else out of the freezer to fit it in. I got two tunnels & one of those is a bit bigger than expected but a good size still.
All very clean & good solid bark not bit breaking up.

Ooh that's not fair! I ordered mine the day before and it hasn't arrived yet! (Off to check outside for parcels!)

My cork just arrived, that was pretty quick delivery & I’m impressed with the quality too so definitely recommend for anyone needing cork (or even not needing it 😂)
The turtle hut is pretty huge! I think I’ll have to take everything else out of the freezer to fit it in. I got two tunnels & one of those is a bit bigger than expected but a good size still.
All very clean & good solid bark not bit breaking up.
How exciting! I would love to see pictures of what you bought if you have time. :)

I’ll take some later, they’re still sat on the floor with the mountain of newspaper they arrived with at the moment while I decide where to put them while i sort the freezer out!

Mine had arrived too :-). They are quick! It is exactly as the one on the photo I ordered - same shape and size. Not sure it will fit in the cage with everything else I’m planning to put in though. It’s also too awkward a shake to fit in a freezer drawer. So I’ve soaked it in hot water and stuck it in the oven for 30 minutes at 100 degrees c. Apparently that steams it. It didn’t smell for that short time either and being wet to start with.

There is so much conflicting info online about how long to bake and what temperature but I came across something by someone who seemed to be a scientist who said nothing can live at 100 degrees and 20 minutes is enough. Which is the same as boiling for 20 minutes basically. So I gave it 30 minutes. It was just starting to give off sn aroma at 30 mins so I reckon it was done :)

My piece was also very clean - looked like it had been steam cleaned already. Although the water did still go a bit brown when I soaked it.

Back