Hamster Heaven

Jain

Dwarfie Days
Reaction score
Petes cage is a Hamster Heaven I have utilised the large green shelf stored the pink one has anyone on here used the pink shelf dosent the hump in it cause a problem for the hamster to navigate around it do people provide ladder access or just the level of substrate

I used the pink shelf upsidedown with substrate on it but took the green one out.

I try to link the page in my Second chance hamsters thread.

Yes, page 14. I used the bigger hole of the upsidedown pink shelf for a food bowl and the smaller for a water bowl. The little round hide was left in place and used as a hide attached to the underside of the shelf. I thought it worked far better that way.

I didn't use ladder access and placed a corklog in front of it. The house roof on the right provided access and a corner shelf with a ramp on the left as well.

Thank you Beryl just checked out pg 14 that could work for what I have in mind the reason I'm thinking of change is because Pete is fully grown and still queezeing through a very small gap to access the green shelf it was easy at first but now he seems to be struggling but won't be deterred or persuaded to use othe routes also had to give him a huge on-suite because he was weeing in his bedding he loves the en-suite and uses its facilities but it takes up a huge amount of floor space so thinking of taking out his green shelf it's really awkward anyway to fit thingsunder it and takes up a 3rd of the cage. Busy today but hopefully experiment tomorrow while Pete is in his playpen.

Back