Second chance hamsters

Trouble is that they also have a lovely Syrian in a tiny cage but i couldn't take in a Syrian. I can always squeeze in a Robo somewhere providing i have a spare cage which i have at the moment.
If you could take the robo then you have saved them. I understand how hard it is to not take the Syrian too. I would struggle too.

There's another issue. They're asking £40!! for each hamster and their awful cage.

I could make an offer for the Robo only but would have to walk away from the Syrian boy.

Maybe better to drop the whole idea of rehoming again but it's hard when there are so many hamsters in the small ads.

The solution would be for me to keep my big nose out of the small ads altogether!

You can probably tell that i'm annoyed with myself.

• Haha
Reactions: Maz
Sounds like they are just trying to make money. How horrible.

I understand. Looking at those ads are so tempting but then they tend to haunt you. It seems there will always be hamsters in the small ads.

I saw the advert. They are both babies yet the children have lost interest. How sad. I did not like the way the seller said they have two balls for them too.

I wonder if she would give you the robo. I feel some people just want money but it would be nice if she just wanted to see her hamsters go to a good home.

Hmm tricky. A Syrian could be ok in a carefully set up Hamster Heaven, which would be an improvement on the current cage and then see if he needs upgrading.

I wonder if she would give you the robo. I feel some people just want money but it would be nice if she just wanted to see her hamsters go to a good home.
Some people actually ask a price to try and deter dodgy people from getting the hamster (if it's free)

Some people actually ask a price to try and deter dodgy people from getting the hamster (if it's free)
I did think of that and that is a very good idea. I hope this person has done that.

Hmm tricky. A Syrian could be ok in a carefully set up Hamster Heaven, which would be an improvement on the current cage and then see if he needs upgrading.
It's not that. Two Syrians is all i can comfortably accommodate timewise plus i can put the devider up and both can freeroam at the same time. I had four before which led to a constant freeroaming queue and very late nights for me.
Lilly is a morning hamster and Eddie and Bernard rarely want to come out. Finley never.

Sounds like the robo it is then! Could the rescue take the Syrian? What kind of cage is the Syrian in?

I haven't heard back. Often people don't respond when they're not interested. Rescue currently has six hamsters for rehoming. They are a rabbit rescue really but take in the odd hamster and pig as well. The other rescue is closed at the moment. See if anything develops tomorrow.

Ouch. Sounds very small.

I haven't heard back about the Robo so may not need the HH i've set up and take it down again in a few days.
It's set up from spare stuff i had and the substrate can go back in the bag.

The pink shelf works well upsidedown and i could even use the small sputnik. The pod thing underneath shouldn't come off and sits on substrate so i have learnt something. I don't know why the shelf isn't flat the right way up.

20230402_130935.jpg

Maybe somebody else has bought the robo. It is frustrating when people do not remove adverts. It would be nice to reply just to let you know either way.

I can't see somebody pay £40 for a Robo and Spelos which is more than people would pay in a petsathome.
I'll leave the HH up for a few days in any case. Here's a pic of the set up. Got a £2.99 craft book of patterned paper today for some "wallpaper".

It was quite a carry on with Bernard. He was advertised and then they told me they had changed their minds and wanted to try and tame the Robo who was crazy but they left the ad up. It carried on like that for another couple of weeks until they contacted me out of the blue asking if i still wanted to buy the Robo who was still crazy and extremey scared.

As we all know, there's nothing crazy about Bernard.
I often wonder what some people expect of hamsters, especially Robos.

20230402_140519.jpg

That looks fantastic! I remember that happening with Bernard. I dread to think how they tried to tame him. Hopefully the person will message you. They could be away at Easter.

Back