Hamster running round the cage in circles

I do have a video from the camera but unsure how to post it on here. There are no air fresheners besides a automatic one that's far from his cage. I tried him outside his cage in a play pen 5hw just stayed in a tube I got him

Typical hamster. Running around the cage, but then sitting still in a tube when out of the cage. Actually the automatic air fresheners can affect them if it's in the same room. Anything scented like that can really affect them - they have a much stronger sense of smell than we do.

To upload a video you just upload it to youtube and then paste the link on here :-) If you set the video to "unlisted" it can only be viewed wherever you paste the link (ie on here) not on youtube itself. If you leave it set to "public" it will show on youtube as well. Don't set it to "private" though or the link won't work. After you paste the link in your post and hit "post reply" the video will show up embedded in your post and can be watched in the post.

It does look like a stress behaviour. I'd take the plug in air freshener out of the room to start with.

Hi there, I’m thinking maybe some more overhead coverage for him? Perhaps when he comes out at night he feels a little exposed? Is he nesting in a hide? Do you think there could be room in your setup for an extra shoebox house or tissue box hide, somewhere else he can sit under?

Back