Kulfi.

Tulsi

Hamster Fanatic
Reaction score
My sweet fluffy male syrian hamster arrived today. He is wonderful.

I have already posted pictures on another thread which I will link here;

Last edited by a moderator:
He is so sweet (just like the Indian ice cream that he is named after)!

He came out of his burrow around half nine. I had the lights off to encourage him. He had a really good look around his cage and ate food, had a drink. He is using part of the sand area around the wheel as a toilet which is great. Easy to clean.

I stood over the cage chatting softly to him. He was fine. He had a good wash and then filled his cheeks and took the food to his burrow.

He came out again a bit later. He is so small and pretty!

I am considering getting some red led lights so that I can see him better at night. I did shine my phone near him (not onto him, just had the screen on and laid it on the cage near him) which worked really well, just not sure how nice that was for him. He was completely relaxed as he went about his hamstery business and didn't seem to mind my looming over the cage and chatting to him.

Last edited:
That is so lovely he seems so relaxed and you were able to chat to him :) It's also a really lovely name! With links, you can just paste them into the body of your message and they "unfurl". No need to use the paperclip to add them :-)

He's adorable, and I love that he settled in right away when you picked him up. Red lights are absolutely fantastic!!! I've had great success with them, always have mine on when Henry is on his adventures. So thoughtful of you to keep it dark for your hammy

He's adorable, and I love that he settled in right away when you picked him up. Red lights are absolutely fantastic!!! I've had great success with them, always have mine on when Henry is on his adventures. So thoughtful of you to keep it dark for your hammy

Ooo what red lights have you got? There is so much choice.

That is so lovely he seems so relaxed and you were able to chat to him :) It's also a really lovely name! With links, you can just paste them into the body of your message and they "unfurl". No need to use the paperclip to add them :-)

I copied and pasted the link. I didn't use the paperclip.

Thanks Maz, it took me ages to find a name that suited him!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maz
Hmm that suggests the links aren't unfurling then since I tweaked the settings the other day. Maybe it only works if the link is on the next line rather than next to the text. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Last night I took two photos with the flash on. He was stunned and stayed rock still for ages.

Eventually he went into his burrow.

When he appeared again about ten minutes later he was fine. Rummaging in his food dish and collecting his scattered food from around the cage.

I chatted to him some more. God he's sweet!

20240814_205205.jpg

20240814_205223.jpg

• Love
His eyes look a bit spooky thanks to the flash.

• Haha
He's adorable! It's so lovely you can chat with him :-) He almost looks like he's interested in coming out there.

Oh wow, such an adorable Kulfi. As Maz said, its almost looks like he wanted to come out to get his free roam and waiting for his dearest owner to pick him up 😁

His dearest owner {love that} is letting him settle in for a few days before she starts hand taming.

He will eventually have a hamster heaven cage as a run to give him some variety.

• Love
Oh my God he just came out for a drink of water and I took some pics. He is wonderful.

Attachments

• 20240815_204537.jpg
    20240815_204537.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240815_204553.jpg
    20240815_204553.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240815_204546.jpg
    20240815_204546.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
He seems so relaxed :-) He is really very sweet. You must be so happy to have him :-)

Back